Quick Battle Replay

kevinkin

Has anyone edited the games QB maps for the community with respect to the AI plans to extend the replay and surprised given to the player?

I was thinking of teaming up with someone and start with the 30 min smaller maps and post the files renamed for transfer to the QB folder. Perhaps small terrain changes based on the new AI plans would make for better battles. Any thoughts are welcome.

Kevin

PS: I have found some QBs some tweaks in the AI anyway.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will look for more folks to comment. BTW, I mistyped and mean that I find some QBs could use an AI tweak anyway. 

Kevin

Almost certainly true. MarkEzra has done steriling work with his building of all the QB maps and plans, but he has (necessarily, given the amount of work involved) been adopting a rather formulaic approach and people taking the chance to spend more nuanced time with the plans can only be a Good Thing.

Thanks for the thumbs up Mark. I have considered both points and finished one this morning. Here is the new syntax for the file names:

AI Mod Small City Assault 045.btt

Terrain - small changes to south map edge
AI: 3 new plans

Kevin

PS ... Just need a few of Santa's helpers.

• 3 weeks later...

I have 6 QB maps from the release product with various degrees of map tweaking and new AI plans. If anyone would like to take a look before I post please email me at kevinkin@comcast.net. I do not expect full play tests but just make sure there are no glaring errors that would affect gameplay.

Learned a lot with this project and it could be endless with larger maps. Right now small maps have been selected. City village and open terrain has been worked on for this set.

Thanks.

Kevin