Meta Meta Campaign again- but Black Sea is different

vincere

Black Sea offers a unique CM opportunity for a all encompassing meta campaign for at least 3 reasons.

1. The operational area and forces involved are smaller and more 'manageable'. Something like the VASSL formats could limit one to Donbas region only. And even Ukraine in Separatists only.

2. Ground to Air in now modelled.

3. Meta Campaign is the CM holy grail and could be the ultimate cool, fun, challenge.

counting... how long before any register interest??

Come sign up lads, and any ladies.

Ofcourse a meta campaign would be great. And , yes, while Black Seas scope is smaller it doesn't Change the Basic Problem of a meta campaign:

You'll need to implement the Basics, and I don't think that Battlefront is interested enough to commit so many resources.

But damn, it would be awesome.

Ofcourse a meta campaign would be great. And , yes, while Black Seas scope is smaller it doesn't Change the Basic Problem of a meta campaign:

You'll need to implement the Basics, and I don't think that Battlefront is interested enough to commit so many resources.

But damn, it would be awesome.

Yeah, I still have hope that one day they will see the light. Not for Black Sea though.

Back when Shock Force was new there was a campaign organised that was shaping up to look great with somebody acting as a game-maker and umpire. Sadly, he had to pull out last minute and it fell apart.

Yeah, I still have hope that one day they will see the light. Not for Black Sea though.

Back when Shock Force was new there was a campaign organised that was shaping up to look great with somebody acting as a game-maker and umpire. Sadly, he had to pull out last minute and it fell apart.

I remember that attempt at a campaign (assuming it was the same one you are recollecting). I was to be the Dutch forces commander. Real damn shame it fell apart because it looked like a hell of alot of fun.

I remember that attempt at a campaign (assuming it was the same one you are recollecting). I was to be the Dutch forces commander. Real damn shame it fell apart because it looked like a hell of alot of fun.

It's the same one, and I remember your name from it.

It did look like a good balance of playability and realism.

At the time I considered trying to take on the Game-master role but had a lot on.

I reckon small number of committed amiable and understanding types is the key.

With Black Sea, one could start with just the Donbas as a smaller pilot run.

The number off people capable of running something like that well is vanishingly small. The number of them that have the time may be zero.

Without something like what was being developed for CMBB, or some serious interphase game sold be Battlefront it would have to be a simple Operational layer.

Hi,

Meta Campaign is the CM holy grail and could be the ultimate cool, fun, challenge.

No question about that.. the James Bailey effort maybe twelve years ago now... was the finest wargame I have ever taken part in :).

And never even fought a CM battle in it ;).

Key is generous numbers of games master/umpires given the number of players. Plus Umpires as God.. i.e. free to use their initiative and make up rules as they go along given the prevailing circumstances.

Count me in, no idea how much time I will have available when this happens, but very interested indeed.

Great idea.. !!

This will be fun,

All the best,

Kip.