New file at the Repository: Joe's Bridge (2014-11-11)

I moved the breach team and it's HQ on to the objective area and about 5 green arrows appeared.  I assume that this means that the demolitions have been disarmed and that I do not need to do anything else with these two units.  Am I correct?  Thanks.

Yep. :) It's a pretty easy objective for the Allies if they time it right.

• 2 years later...

Some years late to the party. I was really enjoying this battle until the bridge bug struck. My AFV's just got stuck 2/3rds of the way across. I even reversed them off and tried again a few times. But, no joy. After wasting about ten minutes, and getting more and more frustrated, the Germans roll up and shoot my traffic jam to pieces. I hit "Cease Fire" and settle for a draw.

Saved games? Usually going over at a 'move' speed and one at a time does the trick. I think it's something to do when their's a traffic jam and one vehicle has to auto pause for a two seconds or so to let the vehicle ahead of him proceed. But that's only my observations.

I hit the bridge bug over Chrissy and @IanL took my 'statement' and save game files. Maybe BF behind the scenes are still looking into it?

No, I didn't save it. Too frustrated. When the first armoured car got stuck it was going Fast and there was another vehicle following on behind. The traffic jam built up on the main road whilst I reversed the AC and a Bren Carrier off of the bridge, and then tried them one at a time at different speeds, hence taking around ten minutes before giving up. When I hit Cease Fire the carrier had it's nose in the air and it's arse sticking out of the bottom of the bridge, whilst rocking to and fro. I think that someone did once post a video showing something similar.

It was a bit of a shame, because other than that it was a brilliant scenario. And I suspect that it's author didn't "take" too many drinks whilst designing it.

17 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

Maybe BF behind the scenes are still looking into it?

They look at and fix everyone we report to them. Out here we often see people talking about a bridge bug but the truth of the matter is there have been many - each one reported and squashed along the way. There are a ton of corner cases for us to hit with the different terrain, bridges, speeds and vehicles etc. There is not doubt that pathing over bridges is much better than in CMBS 1.0 but I bet there are still a few bugs left to find.

Yeah, I've only had trouble with bridges a couple of times, and there has normally been a work around. And, although I've read lots of posts from people annoyed about trying to get vehicles across bridges, this is the first time it has actually been a game breaker for me.

Of course, in the real world things can get really bad. Further up Hells Highway, my friend's brother-in-law wouldn't cross Arnhem Bridge because of his vertigo.

17 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Of course, in the real world things can get really bad. Further up Hells Highway, my friend's brother-in-law wouldn't cross Arnhem Bridge because of his vertigo.

I like it - another real world explanation for why my vehicle will not cross the bridge - the driver's vertigo.