It's quiet . . . too quiet.

buddy

Sie ist nur dreizehn! Sie mussen ein schmutziges kopf haben. Wo ist mein umlaut key?

Theory- "cricket" and "mosquito" refer to a

bug in CM. They're Beta testing! One finds it a major annoyance, the other just a mosquito.

Mikeman out.

[This message has been edited by Mikeman (edited 09-29-99).]

Hey Doug B.! How long did it take you to write that sentence? I just spent 5 minutes trying to do that. No way. Maybe if I stand on my head or get a mirror or something.

Is it soup yet? Mikeman out.

Cricket? I didn't think the match started until today?

Weak I know, but things are getting desperate around here smile.gif . At least if those AARs were up we would have something to talk about.

Hey Kwazydog, did you catch "The Panel" last night. I just about killed myself laughing when that APC in Timor started reversing into the troops following behind it and one of them shouted out as they scattered "Oi! you f******d".

Guest KwazyDog

Hehehe, Simon we were having a laugh about that here at work only 1/4 hour back. That was damn funny, the funniest thing I think Ive seen for a while! smile.gif I love the edited version we saw on the news, hehe.

I saw another pic of our troops I found amusing. It was of a combat ladened soldier sitting on a long lounge chair in the middle of a pile of rubble talking to kid sitting on the other end. For some reason it stuck me as amusing, and somewhat a typical aussie attitude if you like. All that was missing was the beer, hehe, otherwise he looked relaxed enough to be sitting in his own home wink.gif

Guest Big Time Software

Man, I wish I had time to watch TV. Pretty sad, eh? smile.gif

Things are going fine and there isn't much to tell. Testers just got their hands on CDs Monday and Tuesday. The only thing we have confirmed/discovered so far is that Microsoft sucks. Now, we knew that before, but we unearthed more evidence to support this position wink.gif One tester's system basically doesn't have a functional mouse even though Charles is using run of the mill mouse routines and nobody else has even a hint of a problem. Plug and Pray strikes again...

Steve

Steve,

DirectX version 7 has been released recently so you might want to take that into account in your beta testing. I've had one of my games not work because of it, and I've heard reports from people that many other games have problems with it. It's supposed to be backwards compatible, but this is Microsoft we're talking about. smile.gif

Marko;

Guest Big Time Software

Yup, we are testing with DX7 already. As you say, you can't trust MS software to live up to its claims, especially when talking about "backwards compatibility". MS cost game companies a lot of money in support calls during the DX2 and DX3 change over.

Steve

Guest Mikeman

Mouse problems? If any system out there is gonna have mouse problems it's gonna be mine.

I've always thought I had more problems than most in that area. Is the problem Beta system Socket7 or Slot1? I know it's not a Mac because they're perfect. smile.gif Sorry, couldn't resist. I assume the tester tried the simpler fixes like turning down accellerator functions, reinstalling drivers, using different driver versions, reinstalling DX, etc.. All these things have worked for me at one time or another with my mouse problems. Does he have an off the wall semi-compatible video card? Anyway, please keep us informed on the mouse problem. I am extremely interested. THANKS! "Plug and Pray", I like that one.

Mikeman out.

[This message has been edited by Mikeman (edited 10-01-99).]

rwcanuck they did very well in that game against france,

Hehehe cant wait to see the ALL BLACKS lomu has made the starting lineup

Titan

Rugby crazed kiwi