2 gameplay issues with 3.00

There is plenty of good things with 3, but there are two issues which I have noticed which I do not think existed before (but not tested).

1) Sections no longer line up side by side along a hedge. Previously if you moved a squad up to a hedge all the sections would line up facing the hedge ready to shoot through it. Now at least one section hangs back and using the face command does not resolve it. The only way is to break the squads down into sections and move them into position one by one which is tedious.

2) Infantry path finding has gone backwards. Squads will ignore a hole in a hedge literally right next to them and run to a gate to get to an adjoining field. Now you have micro move a unit through a gap. Again this is tedious and a backwards step. Prior to 3 infantry would find the nearest gap in a hedge.

As I say there are plenty of good things with 3 but some issues have arisen that remind me of the state of things mid CMSF. It is a shame that issues previously resolved appear to have crept back in.

Been playing a large homemade scenario based off JonS' Sheriff of Oosterbeek, and have noticed both of those things happening since 3.0 myself. I thought maybe the pathing thing was a problem with the map interaction with AS, since there a lot of small plots of land with hedges bordering them around houses. But I guess maybe not.

I have noticed the same thing about 25% of the time in v3.0, and Facing Command alone doesn't help.

Instead, I would have to move my troops back atleast one AS then move forward to original location in order for them to line-up properly.

There is also a similar issue that I also noticed in v2.12 and now v3.0...

If you Run\Quick your troops diaganol to a Wall/Fence ( or within 1-2 Action Spots behind it ), then Run\Quick forward to line-up with Wall\Fence about half your troops in the Squad will jump and be on the other side...Generally I need a Hunt or Slow Command to the Fence line to prevent this...Maybe a Game Engine issue or limitation, rather then a bug.

Joe

Joe

2) Infantry path finding has gone backwards. Squads will ignore a hole in a hedge literally right next to them and run to a gate to get to an adjoining field. Now you have micro move a unit through a gap. Again this is tedious and a backwards step. Prior to 3 infantry would find the nearest gap in a hedge.

I did limited testing on this, but it appears that pixeltruppen will go through the gap if it is the shortest/quickest route to where they are going, but will go over the obstacle if that is shorter (I tested this on a hedge after engineers blew a hole in it). On impassible terrain such as tall walls they go through the gap. I'm not sure if this is a bug.

1) Sections no longer line up side by side along a hedge. Previously if you moved a squad up to a hedge all the sections would line up facing the hedge ready to shoot through it. Now at least one section hangs back and using the face command does not resolve it. The only way is to break the squads down into sections and move them into position one by one which is tedious.

This does appear to be a new version of the bug that was supposedly fixed. It is also present in Red Thunder. It has been reported to the authorities.