Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

What's up next for Combat Mission ?

Bulletpoint

I'll take that as a no.

I was posting tongue in cheek, there's still major stuff missing. For example, hand to hand combat which I mentioned is a major feature still lacking from the game. It's not a super big feature for most scenarios but in some Stalingrad-esque battles it can be rather important (or when everyone runs out of ammo!). Or take river crossings, we have no boats or anything of that sort. Submarines may not be needed, though eventually deep wading tanks could be a fun addition. I'd surmise eventually the time will also come for rare stuff like on-map parachute drops and helicopter insertions and bicycle field brothels, but at that point the priority should be on improving things already present.

Proper close assault on tanks would be nice to see as well.

It would not just be better graphics, gameplay would be affected as well, since right now, infantry can comfortably stay in cover and lob grenades at the tank.

Well, it took quite some time to lobby BFC to change the behaviour to what it is now. Before that tanks would mercilessly gun down every infantry assault. Now we can assault and I consider it a great improvement. Not perfect graphics wise but the result is ok.