What's up next for Combat Mission ?

Bulletpoint

The very next CM game of the series will be Combat Mission Black Sea, a modern era title featuring US, Ukraine and Russian armies.

Info here: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=113978

Technically it will use CMRT game engine as a base (the equivalent of what it will be after the upcoming patch), with a few additional new features, such as uav recon, precise arty strikes, advanced infantry weapons, active defensive systems on vehicles. It is very likely to be supported by additional modules featuring more armies, such as from EU.

You can expect close future releases of additional CMBN and CMRT modules, too.

Then a remake of combat mission shock force seems to be planned, to update the oldest CM2x game to modern standards.

This is what I inferred from forums in the last months.

Thanks a lot Kieme, exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

I'm not so much into the modern warfare myself, but good to see the series moving forward.

I originally thought the same way and found myself really hooked on CMSF.

Afaik what Kieme laid out above is everything with the exception of eventually a CMFI module and at some point a late war NW Europe game (October 1944 to end of war). Then again BF has been known to surprise everyone.

If I recall their soviet-style '5 year plan' correctly it would be something like modern war ('Black Sea' unless there's a name change), a CMBN mission pack, a CMFI mission pack, a new CM-bulge title, a CMRT module, back to modern war for a module, back to Bulge for a module, back to CMRT for a mission pack, then I suppose jump to 1943 Kursk for a new title. But that should be taken with a grain of salt. Lets remember CMFI had been on nobody's horizon and came as a great surprise when it appeared out of the blue. :)

CM Poland '39, France '40.

(every adventure needs a begining)

Something I dearly hope will happen.

Combat Mission Rising Sun.

(Japan at war)

If Steve is to be believed, this is never gonna happen. This is probably a pity as at least some campaigns, like Burma, would fit the CM mold perfectly.

Combat Mission Colonials

(all the poor brown folks who fought and died for their ungratefull colonial masters)

Not likely in any foreseeable future as for the present there would not be a big enough audience to defray the costs of development and production.

Combat Mission forgotten Fronts.

(all the little stuff nobody cares about)

Doubt that would ever be a separate title, but between modules and packs most of that material will make it into the system sooner or later.

Michael

I originally thought the same way and found myself really hooked on CMSF.

Afaik what Kieme laid out above is everything with the exception of eventually a CMFI module and at some point a late war NW Europe game (October 1944 to end of war). Then again BF has been known to surprise everyone.

Me to..honestly those doubters about a modern war CMx2..you'll be very pleasantly surprised.

Me to..honestly those doubters about a modern war CMx2..you'll be very pleasantly surprised.

I'm pretty sure of that too, although I'm not really thrilled about modern warfare. And yet, I still hope we will be surprised this winter by an offensive in the Ardennes region. But my trust in BF is unlimited. Whatever they release, I'll buy.

CM Poland '39, France '40.

(every adventure needs a begining)

Combat Mission Rising Sun.

(Japan at war)

Combat Mission Colonials

(all the poor brown folks who fought and died for their ungratefull colonial masters)

Combat Mission forgotten Fronts.

(all the little stuff nobody cares about)

I would buy all of these in a flash. One can dream :)

• 2 weeks later...