Eastern Front Tank Comparison

db_zero

Comparison of tanks on Eastern Front. The German Army was shocked to discover the supposedly inferior Russians were quite capable of producing superior tanks.

Historians have written the real arms race was on the Eastern Front...

Imagine being a German tanker in this facing a T-34 for the first time-technically this is a T-34/85, not the 76mm version the Germans first encountered. Unfortunately dies cast T-34 in 1/32/35 scale is next to impossible to find...

T34-CZprofile_zps891d5118.jpg

T-34-CZtop_zps83940447.jpg

True in a sense, but the first visual representation is a tad misleading. LT vz. 35 and 38 were considerably smaller than PzKpfw III and IV, meanwhile the majority of Soviet tank forces in 1941 consisted of T-26's which was roughly the same size as the Czech tank.

Btw. the little Czech tank still makes a comeback in various forms, including Hetzer! If it looks small in 1941 then imagine how small it gets later on when you remove the turret and install a bigger gun in the hull... :)

True in a sense, but the first visual representation is a tad misleading. LT vz. 35 and 38 were considerably smaller than PzKpfw III and IV, meanwhile the majority of Soviet tank forces in 1941 consisted of T-26's which was roughly the same size as the Czech tank.

Btw. the little Czech tank still makes a comeback in various forms, including Hetzer! If it looks small in 1941 then imagine how small it gets later on when you remove the turret and install a bigger gun in the hull... :)

Very true....unfortunately I don't think I'll ever find a die cast T26 in the same scale as these :(

More to follow...the good stuff..

I managed to find a T34/76 in 1/32 for sale so i was able to get it. Not sure what it will be like as it from an unknown source, but being how hard it is to find a early model T-34 I'll take the risk.

I have other stuff, but I don't want to take them out of the box as it may affect the value. The Panzer III with a long 50mm gun was not easy to find.

The-T-34 pictured above was a WTF was I thinking item. A few years ago when I recently got it, a friend and me were having some beers when I came up with the bright idea of "lets see what my brand new .177 pellet gun that shoots pellets at 1000 fps will do to the T34.

The next morning I wondered if I would regret it. Sure enough I saw the same one put up for bid recently and when I saw what was paid for it I said to myself "WTF was I thinking?"

Fortunately I have a similar one in green still in the box. You can be sure I won't be tank plinking anymore...