Is it possible to add a terrain tile with out "overwriting"

Hello boys and girls,

I am working on a rubble terrain tile. The only problems are the new tile mimics the tile it masks. So rocky or mud work best to simulate the effects of traveling over rubble. So you lose the use of that tiles original appearance in order to get the move modifiers desired.

The second problem is as the rubble tile "overwrites" the surface features of that tile, any map that has the original tiles turns into rubble as soon as the mod tag is applied. So dressing up a existing map turns into a "Waldo" search for the tiles effected and replacing them.

So is there a way to introduce a new ground tile into the game?

Best Regards,

Mech.Gato

Did you consider using the [tag] system? With that you can change existing Tiles for a specific scenario only (if that scenario is created using a tag file).

It's not adding new Tiles to the game, but at least you can sacrifice something for what you need without causing any troubles to existing contents.

Would be nice, as both rocky and mud terrain are fairly insufficient to simulate rubble terrain realistically. :(

Btw, here´s my take on rubble terrain as replacement for ground rocky red:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ua7gxtbb26c946d/9o5o6wvoR1#lh:null-ground%20rocky%20red.bmp

Heh heh, been using this to replace Boulders, rocky red and mud to create a rubbled terrain where you don't know that your tank can get through or whether it might bog. :D

Would ya consider a lighter version for use in CMFI? please...... :D Otherwise I may have to ask my wife the photoshop guru and then I will be in her debt- which might translate to house chores.

Heh heh, been using this to replace Boulders, rocky red and mud to create a rubbled terrain where you don't know that your tank can get through or whether it might bog. :D

Would ya consider a lighter version for use in CMFI? please...... :D Otherwise I may have to ask my wife the photoshop guru and then I will be in her debt- which might translate to house chores.

Yep, was about time to load that one up at GAJ´s. Good idea with mud. Boulders is CMFI exclusive? For mud I thought it does not work with sculpted tiles (ditch lock), but I erred. :) For those who like to try, just rename (another copy) to "ground mud.bmp".

I don´t consider, I have tried it already, but my GIMP version has problems to deal with that extra BMP layer. I was lucky to get my version saved correctly and showing so in the game as well. It´s pretty much a "clone brushed" and scattered version of original "ground rubble.bmp", with otherwise, colors untouched. Unless I get GIMP do, what I want it to do, someone else needs to tackle different versions. Btw, what has mech.gato in the bag? :)