HELP - Can GI's sans Zook assault a Stug?

Guest Big Time Software

Allied (or non PF German) squads can attack armor. But you need them to be in good shape and not taking fire. If they get the least bit spooked they are likely to not assault it. Vets might take a more bold stand, but you've probably only got Regulars. Those guys think twice before they do anything stupid smile.gif

Steve

I've killed numerous tanks with close assaults..

On the other hand I recently lost an entire platoon of Assault Engineers + flamethrower to just two tanks I tried to close assault. I didn't get either of them and they killed something like 42 men between them over 4 minutes frown.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Well, I've made the mistake of forgetting about the nahverteidigungswaffe, with spectacularly bad results. OTOH, I once drove my tiger to within about 25m of a building containing an ami rifle squad. I could see the grenade very clearly as it flew from the building, rolled under the tiger, and exploded. The crew, despite suffering no casualties, bailed frown.gif

------------------

Eric

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

Oh i'm in a game right now where my fausts made quick work of a sherman that came just a bit too close to the woods in chance encounte.

I've played umpteen games and never has my faust fired upon an enemy tank; in ce i literally had one surrounded by 5 units not including a schrek - none would fire including the schrek :-P. (the schrek was an unusual occurance tho.) well low and behold 'm playing rommel I count on this not happening 'cause ive never seen it yet and he blows up my tank with a faust _ARGGGGHHH.

SS_PanzerLeader..out

[This message has been edited by SS_PanzerLeader (edited 12-21-99).]

BTS has said that the 'faust routine has been tweaked.

The only times I have seen them work is when there no other targets available to the unit, and the tank is right in front of them. Come to think of it, I think the vehicle must be turning a flank or rear as well- can't recall seeing any frontal shots with a 'faust.

I have two 'faust kills on Shermans that I know of- one just yesterday in Riesberg- the Sherman drove down the main road and turned 90 degrees in front of the first house on the German right of the road. The hidden squad apparently couldn't resist the engine noise and the juicy, unmissable target. You could see the backblast, but there was no launcher tube visible.

The faust issue has been fixed.

FWIW I killed 3 Shermans in a Riesberg game just with fausts. It can be done but it does need to be a case of having no infantry nearby to shoot at unfortunately.

The gold demo and final version won't have the faust bug though.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Yes they can! In one game, my GI's without a zook attacked a StuG from the rear as it fired on their comrades in the church. They men approached the StuG, there was no depicted action or explosions, but the next sound I heard was the belly hatch of the StuG opening and the gun barrel depressed. I still don't know how they killed it, but I don't think the Germans fell for the old "banana in the tailpipe" routine. That was the turning point in the game.

I'll give you $100 to carry this .30 caliber...

CrapGame out