v3.0 patch news

togi

I Bought it for CMBN today. I tried it right away on one of my scenario. I can not say if there was any problem, since I engaged a fierce fight to see how it fared. It looked like there was a slight difference (a positive one) for the A.I reaction, but I might be wrong. Anyway the scenario played pretty well and this was essential. The hit decals are most interesting since they allow to see from where the shot came. Well you have to Pause the game take a ruler a protractor and whatever you think of and you have the enemy in sight :D

Can we expect within this week ? I'm delaying my pbem games for this reason

Thanks in advance for the good news .

Regards

Since this is the CMRT forum, a bit of clarification to make sure everyone understands:

CMRT (Mac & PC) is already using v3.0 of the game engine. I'm sure there will eventually be a 3.01 patch (and probably more) for CMRT, but no patches for CMRT have been released *yet*.

So I assume it's the CMBN & CMFI v3.0 Mac upgrades (not patches) you want to know about.

Unfortunately, the only answer I can offer right now without violating my beta NDA is "when it's ready." :cool:

I can probably safely tell you that the Mac upgrade is actively being worked on, and I think everyone wants it released as soon as possible. How soon is a little hard to predict; Murphy will have his say and sometimes issues pop up with the installers that have to be worked out, which takes testing and debugging time.

"Well you have to ...take a ruler a protractor and whatever you think of and you have the enemy in sight..."

As was SOP in RL I understand... :)

I don't know about RL, but something like that was standard fare for playing miniatures. Come to think of it, I did a lot of that playing Panzer Blitz and Squad Leader.

Michael

I can probably safely tell you that the Mac upgrade is actively being worked on, and I think everyone wants it released as soon as possible. How soon is a little hard to predict; Murphy will have his say and sometimes issues pop up with the installers that have to be worked out, which takes testing and debugging time.

Since there appear to be a number of problems with the PC release, I'd be just as happy to have BFC keep the Mac release in the shop "until it is ready".

:)

Michael

I don't know about RL, but something like that was standard fare for playing miniatures. Come to think of it, I did a lot of that playing Panzer Blitz and Squad Leader.

Michael

I remember using a piece of floss for LOS in Squad Leader, and that still brought about debates between me and my brother.

LOS could be made favorable if you sort of fudged how you laid the string on the board, just a touch to the left of the hex center dot and it's clear, to the right it's not. That was annoying.

Since there appear to be a number of problems with the PC release, I'd be just as happy to have BFC keep the Mac release in the shop "until it is ready".

:)

Michael

Are there any problems remaining? I think everything's been dealt with. We updated both installers last night.

Agreed. The scenarios we have so far (but I haven't seen them all of course) take place after all of the interesting maneuvering that Jason describes. Nashorns, when they make their appearance, won't last 10 seconds...

However, to do this justice will probably require maps that are probably 4 kms wide and 8 kms deep. But the forces will still be pretty small so I would expect the engine could still handle it. Has anyone made such a scenario?

I am sorry (but rather happy :D) to let you know that 2 X Nashorns are staying alive in a scenario WIP . You will find some details and pictures at the following link

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=115947

new scenario idea starting on page 4 pictures on page 5

On all testing made only one was destroyed. This was the result of a badly positioning of the track. They managed to remain unscathed from many Russian planes strafing and bombing. I had counterof that possibility deploying few flakvierling and Mobel flak around the area.

Cheer