Quick Battles: No Friendly Units

I have CMBN + CW + 2.0 Upgrade + MG @ v2.12, and there are many times I play Tiny QB's against the AI, but about 25%of those QB's I will get No Friendly units at all. I would then click 'Cease-Fire just to see if the enemy had units, and they did.

I wonder why this is happening, and if anyone else came across this situation.

It's no big deal as I can just re-start a new QB within a minute and play.

Joe

I let the Computer AI pick my forces. I usually play as Random Germs against Random Allied, and get about an equal amount U.S. & CW QB's. In the process of testing several QB's playing as Random Allied against Random Germs to see if I still have the same issue.

It's no big deal as I can quickly start a new QB within a minute...No issues as of yet against a Human Opponent.

I let the Computer AI pick my forces. I usually play as Random Germs against Random Allied, and get about an equal amount U.S. & CW QB's. In the process of testing several QB's playing as Random Allied against Random Germs to see if I still have the same issue.

It's no big deal as I can quickly start a new QB within a minute...No issues as of yet against a Human Opponent.

Next time you have this problem save the game and send it to markDOTezra3591ATgmailDOTcom

Yeah, I already reinstalled 2.12 after installing MG ( since MG was 2.10 )...Might just start from scratch and reinstall everything again:

CMBN ( 1.0 ) + CW ( 1.10 ) + 1.11 Patch + 2.0 Upgrade + MG + 2.12 Patch.

I also went ahead and sent a QB file over to Mark for evaulation.

Yeah, I already reinstalled 2.12 after installing MG ( since MG was 2.10 )...Might just start from scratch and reinstall everything again:

CMBN ( 1.0 ) + CW ( 1.10 ) + 1.11 Patch + 2.0 Upgrade + MG + 2.12 Patch.

I also went ahead and sent a QB file over to Mark for evaluation.

Yes, from my notes, that is the correct install order.

Update: when playing a tiny/random Allied/Random Axis selection Meeting Engagement QB game the Human player sometimes does not receive any troops. I can confirm that this occurs from game saves sent to me by JoMac67. I am now trying to duplicate this on my PC with CMBN CW MG. I will provide results of testing as soon as I can.

Update 2: I duplicated the setup that was sent to me Meeting Engagement Tiny Random Allied Mix Random Axis Mix Random Weather Time Month of July. I tested this setup 10 times and could not duplicate the problem. Perhaps others might try and post results/saves

This is happening to me on both my PC & Laptop. And, since it's now happened to another member, then I suspect a possible 'Bug' rather then a corrupt install.

It only takes me about 10 minutes to test run 10 QB games ( quick Cease-Fire on setup ) in a row using same parameters. 2 out of 10 games this below will result:

- No Friendly Kriegsmarine if im Random Axis, or no Enemy Kriegsmarine if I'm Random Allied.

Now, in saying the above it's possible that it will still happen with other Parameters slightly changed, giving the result of no Kriegsmarine

Here are the results of players testing:

I have received multiple game save files that clearly show When selecting July 1944, Random Axis the QB Game Generator occasionally selects Kriegmarine forces that are available ONLY in Sept 1944. When that happens there are no Kriegsmarine units on the game board. I will alert BFC.

Many thanks to the forum members who reported the issue and identified the problem!