What do you do?

Forget? You've a different level of addiction to me... "Be unable to make time for" or "Be out of town so I can't do...", perhaps, but if I know there's a turn there, it burns in my mind until it's been addressed...

I play this game for several hours per day. My statement was purely hypothetical, but extremely unlikely.

I simply don't like feeling tied to other players. I'll be trying my first PBEM starting to day, though.

I'm OK with losing. I don't like the thought of multiplayer, because I don't want to feel obligated to keep up with or play with another player. Even with PBEM, what if I forget a day? The other player will be frustrated.

Single player means I only have to worry about myself, and I can enjoy myself playing it.

I used to play multiplayer primarily in most games, actually. It's almost certain that if I'm playing multiplayer, some real life obligation will get in the way.

Most H2H players inc myself aren't strict about how frequently we receive turns. I play several games, some I get a turn back about once a week others twice a day on average.

I firmly believe H2H provides a much better CM experience. Playing against the AI (even with the updates in RT) just doesn't compare to the tactical challenges and variations of playing against a human. If you do decide to give H2H a go make sure to you download GAJ's H2HH which removes almost all the the admin involved in an H2H game.

When you have done the campaigns and battles? Quick battles?

I haven't finished all battles yet, far from it, but I'm worried for the day that I do. It'll be a while before I can afford to get CMBN and CMFI, so that's not an option.

Since I don't currently have the time to read the 3+ pages of responses your question has already generated, I will go ahead and give you the best answer:

You haven't really played Combat Mission until you have experienced H2H (Head to Head or Human Vs Human). That is it in a nutshell. All those campaigns and scenarios and quick battles against the AI are merely the prelude to playing against another human being and crushing him beneath your bootheels while hearing the lamentations of his women, or, conversely, being crushed and shaking your fist against the die rolls that unfairly made you lose.

Not much else to say, IMO, except join a PBEM club and learn for yourself.

IMO the exciting thing about H2H is that the result is uncertain. When playing vs. another human being and the odds are more or less even, it is absolutely possible to loose a battle. In fact i have probably lost 2 out of 3 H2H battles myself. When i play vs. the AI, on the other hand, i usually go into battle with the expectation to win decisively. It happens really, really rarely during battles vs. the AI that i have any doubt about my victory at any point during the battle.

...I would pay good money for a 1945 Americans and Brits vs. Russia expansion, but I'd guess that would not be too popular with this group, due to it being fictional.

Since CMSF and CMBS are both (more or less unfortunately) fictional I don't think that will stop them from making a '45 game.

My guess is that when RT and Bulge are done they will sit together with a glass of water and try to estimate how much effort a '45 game would be and how much they think they will sell of it.

Such a game would also be a prelude (in effort) to a potential Korea game.

My guess is that all this is more likely than a PTO game.

For the record: I would buy it, too. :)

My guess is that when RT and Bulge are done they will sit together with a glass of water and try to estimate how much effort a '45 game would be and how much they think they will sell of it.

Water !?! Hahaha, oh my aching sides ! ;)

I think it'll be a little stronger :D There might be water in it though.

My fond wish is that they will decide a '39-40 game will sell better.

And I'd bite your arm off for that one.