What Do You Think?

I want to put in a kind word for FI/GL too. Like most people, I am not an especially great fan of the campaign in Italy, though it does have its interesting moments now and then. But for some reason I find FI/GL strangely attractive. Maybe it's the Mediterranean climate. Maybe it's the somewhat out of the ordinary TO&Es. Maybe it's the theme music, which I think is the best of all the games so far. In fact, after a game is finished I will sometimes just let it run to the end. If it was available on a music CD, I would probably buy it.

Michael

You lost to the AI? Dam you must suck pretty bad at modern day wargames. :) I on the other hand can't seem to lose to the AI and that's why I don't buy too many games of any type anymore. Not enough ai work in games for me, not like the good ole days anyways when games like War of the Lance or Centurion Defender of Rome could kick my butt.

It seems the 'good ole days' weren't that long ago when you wrote this: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1459095&postcount=31

Having been a detractor of the CMx2 engine for a very long time like you I was out of work (stroke) and had some free time and free money so I bought into CMFI and gustav line package deal because I was bored (waiting on RTWII and Talisman digital and Hereos of Stalingrad) but I'm glad I did the ai has been kicking my butt and it's enjoyable losing once in awhile. I wish more and more companies built games to win and not just delay our victory. I'd say get it and I'm not biased. The only disappointed I have with the game is no real random battle maps they are taken from a group of maps already made by someone else who thinks he knows how to make maps.