Tac Ai

yep i didn't quite notice it before either actually, i play real time and mostly just used very narrow arcs to point the tanks' turrets, once they get the spot i'd just delete the arc and let them shoot...

Oh, you pesky RealTimers and your smug RealTime tricks! ;)

indeed, come to think it whole problem goes away for OP if he's in real time:D

Yeah, unless he gets distracted by something else and forgets to cancel the arc, or cancels the arc too soon and the guns start pointing themselves front-and-centre again... though that latter would probably have turned out better than what we saw.

Ahhh.. I long for the return of the 'control key' automatic 180degree cover arc (yes, the 360 is handy also). An armored column with overlapping cover arcs made for a deadly combo on a road march.

Would be nice if 360 was keept and 180 added with another key combo.

When T-34 drives out of arc they decide to chill out and leave him alone. Is this normal?

Yeah, I see lots of info on what happened so I will not repeat that. My experience - which includes stuff like what you saw - is not to use cover arcs with a few exceptions. I use 360 arcs lots to limit firing by scout teams or make sure that AT assets only fire on armour. I rarely use 180 arcs, pretty much only if I need a tank to face a direction they are not traveling. This helps a great deal but is not perfect because the enemy can still get past the edge of the arc. My preference is to move the tanks so that they end up naturally facing the way I want them. What I mean by that is I don't typically use the face command either. I make sure the last move segment is pointing in the direction I want them to be facing.

So, given that here is an over view of the orders I would have given in your situation:

1. No cover arcs at all
  2. First tank would move just to clear the edge of the buildings on the right so it could see the road. The move order would have been first leg perpendicular-ish to the road and then a short hockey stick segment to the right so the tank is clear of the buildings and facing the road at an angle that seems good for spotting the T34
  3. Second tank would travel a similar perpendicular-ish direction but further, about half way between the right hand buildings and the road. Then it too would be given a short hockey stick move segment so it too was facing where I thought the T34 was going to be.
  4. Third tank would be given move orders pretty much right up to the road - like you did with all three - and then given a short move order towards the road.

Adding 180 degree arcs for each from their initial starting positions so their turrets were facing towards the road for that first movement segment would have been OK too. I probably would not have have done that but you could. Just make damn sure you remember to cancel the arc for that last segment. To do this use the face command at the end of the first move segment and face the same way as the last move order.