[RELEASED] Kieme's HD Modular Buildings

Hi all,

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/5226/details

this mod changes the visual of the 8 modular buildings in game, adding new doors, details, Windows too. Brick wall and stone wall changed into HD as well.

g1lf.jpg

v9h9.jpg

39t9.jpg

w2bz.jpg

1qvk.jpg

Please refer to this thread for more previews and screenshots: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=114923

Note: screenshots shown at max settings, shaders on, Aris terrain mod on.

Enjoy.

No bother at all. Well, I have no idea of normal maps and what they do, all I can say is that I just covered the standard textures, without changing the bluish stuff. A trick was required to cover doors and Windows but that's all (I had to use paint).

Didn't see any difference, so I went on like that.

The only problems I saw concern shaders, but these were there even without the mod, sometimes they behave sometimes they just go nuts and you get bad shades.

You're welcome. Out of curiosity I just checked what this is, loaded a program called crazybump and created a normal map out of one of the custom facades I made for the mod, the map looked much more complex and detailed than the vanilla normal map. Well, I renamed the stuff and placed it in mods, not a change visible in game, so I wonder if these actually work or what.

I see, well, I did try it, and really didn't notice anything, a pity since I just realized that there's a program that creates them out of nothing from the original image.. maybe future Patches will improve shaders and their effects I don't know. Yes, I would definitely see them as ground if the effect would be visible.

Thanks for the suggestion, but which kind of grey should I use?

Lets, I thought about that, did some experiments with the stick fence, and also with the standard stone/brick walls. Nothing to do, seems to me a new model is required.

I agree that a low metal railing, maybe with some stone/brick at the bottom, would perfectly fit the urban environment, but unfortunately that's too extreme to mod, a new model and some coding would be needed (transparency, LOS interaction etc.). Let's hope BFC adds this as maybe a fourth wall type or a new fence kind in next modules.

I use a mid or slightly lighter grey. Absolute values aren't important so I've never check percenatges or RGB info. You're just after something that has no colour info but will provide enough contrast so that the shading caused by the normal maps is readily visible (not too bright, not too dark).

Lets, I thought about that, did some experiments with the stick fence, and also with the standard stone/brick walls. Nothing to do, seems to me a new model is required.

I agree that a low metal railing, maybe with some stone/brick at the bottom, would perfectly fit the urban environment, but unfortunately that's too extreme to mod, a new model and some coding would be needed (transparency, LOS interaction etc.). Let's hope BFC adds this as maybe a fourth wall type or a new fence kind in next modules.

Ah well. Thanks for looking. I think something like this will be important as the series goes on.