Missing shoulder straps rank insigna.

Amedeo

Yes, it is a detected graphic glitch for the nxt patch

I've also noticed that Soviet Captains wear the rank insignia of a Junior Lieutenant. Is this by design? I know that the game currently doesn't depict every single rank on the uniforms, but I remember reading a post by Steve that said the officer uniforms are broken down into Junior (Lieutenants), Mid (Captains) and Senior (Major and Lt. Colonel) categories.

I've also noticed that Soviet Captains wear the rank insignia of a Junior Lieutenant. Is this by design? I know that the game currently doesn't depict every single rank on the uniforms, but I remember reading a post by Steve that said the officer uniforms are broken down into Junior (Lieutenants), Mid (Captains) and Senior (Major and Lt. Colonel) categories.

Yes, there is a detected error regarding some officer's uniforms:

1. Battalion Commanders use the senior officer uniform, which is correct. No problem here.

2. Some company commanders use the junior officer uniform, which is NOT correct. They should use the mid officer unform.

3. Platoon commanders use enlisted men uniforms, which is NOT correct. They should use the junior officer uniform and perhaps the NCO one.

The correct textures (senior, mid and junior officer uniforms with a pair of options each icluding the Guards version and the cavalry mod tag) are already in the game, so it is just a matter of correcting the error by assigning the correct textures to the right officers.

Ah...I understand. This explains the platoonleader with nco-textures.

But about the squadleader: Should they not be nco's, too?

greetings, alex

IIRC Gruppen leaders should be Unteroffizier at most.

However the German officer/NCO uniforms in game were done just for Platoon/Company/Battalion commanders.

Yes, there is a detected error regarding some officer's uniforms:

1. Battalion Commanders use the senior officer uniform, which is correct. No problem here.

2. Some company commanders use the junior officer uniform, which is NOT correct. They should use the mid officer unform.

3. Platoon commanders use enlisted men uniforms, which is NOT correct. They should use the junior officer uniform and perhaps the NCO one.

The correct textures (senior, mid and junior officer uniforms with a pair of options each icluding the Guards version and the cavalry mod tag) are already in the game, so it is just a matter of correcting the error by assigning the correct textures to the right officers.

Excellent, thanks!

Ok...thanks for this explanation.

Is this in CMBN the same?

And an additional question: I think in CMBN some german platoon leaders are using textures of ordinary soldiers. Will this be corrected or is this intentionally?

greetings alex

No intentional if they are Zug/Platoon leaders.

AFAIK all game platon leaders should be a senior NCO (the in game one is a Felwebel, but modders can add an Oberfelwebel an/or a Stabsfeldwebel option as well) or junior officers (2nd Lieutenant/Leutnant).

IIRC it was pretty common in German infantry companies to have two Zuge led by senior NCOs and a Zug led by a Leutnant.

Fernando, what exactly are the shoulder straps on the senior German officer uniform supposed to represent? I've looked at them in-game and at the bitmap image, and it's confusing me. It just looks like a pair of parallel white stripes and not the braided cloth seen on the insignia of Major or Oberstleutnant.

(I do have shaders enabled in this screenshot):

CMRedThunder2014-04-1902-49-43-42_zps56a51bca.jpg

Fernando, what exactly are the shoulder straps on the senior German officer uniform supposed to represent? I've looked at them in-game and at the bitmap image, and it's confusing me. It just looks like a pair of parallel white stripes and not the braided cloth seen on the insignia of Major or Oberstleutnant.

(I do have shaders enabled in this screenshot):

CMRedThunder2014-04-1902-49-43-42_zps56a51bca.jpg

This is a minor but anoying graphic glitch. It seems the uniform from a previous CM version slipped in the final CMR version or I did't noticed it because I concentrated myelf on the new Soviet uniforms.

There is a correct version with the correct shoulder boards for a Major included in CMBN 2.0 and Market Garden module IIRC. That's the one should have been used for CMRT.

I'd like the Germans to have modelled shoulder straps like the Soviets do while we're at it...

The soldier model and the texture layout on the bmp file should be modified for doign that. It woul mean to modify all German infantry uniforms again.

OTOH there is a free place were the shoulder boards could beplaced. However takeinto ccount hat I just do the textures. I don't work on the model,so I don't know how difficult and time consuming would be redoing the models in order to include the new shoulder boards then applying them to most German soldiers.

No, they do not.

I see. Is that by design?

This is a minor but annoying graphic glitch. It seems the uniform from a previous CM version slipped in the final CMR version or I did't noticed it because I concentrated myself on the new Soviet uniforms.

There is a correct version with the correct shoulder boards for a Major included in CMBN 2.0 and Market Garden module IIRC. That's the one should have been used for CMRT.

Cool. Despite this little annoyances, the uniform textures do look very good overall. :)

• 2 weeks later...
No, it is not. They shoud carry at last one ammo pouch.

Ah, OK. :)

Another thing I noticed: the team leader for the Maxim MG (and I think the SG43 as well) has his gas mask container and shovel on top of each other, and as a result his shovel really can't be seen.

OMG. I have played games that show all Russian tanks as cold-war types, and here we worry about missing insignia and ammo pouches. No wonder I love this game! The attention to detail is what makes this such an immersive experience, so we want more, more, more.