I have never had such an experience in a QB

fry30

Whole platoons cut down in an instant. Accurate, persistent mortar strikes amongst my maneuvering units. I never got CMBN 2.0, and for whatever reason did not pick up the Italian theatre yet, so most of these 3.0 changes just blow me away. Not to take away from the original CMBN, but this is what I always wanted out of this game/engine. I love me some H2H, but playing the AI in this new version is amazing. I've been trying out a lot of the tactics I've heard here, mostly stuff from Bill H. (Sorry Ken, my wave attack, see above, just didn't seem to work out. Must not have given my men the proper "motivation." ) Well, I'm off. This game rocks. Thanks BF.

LOL! Good to hear. If a QB was that good for you, plunge into those pre-made battles. There are some outstanding ones waiting for you.

Re: CMBN. It should get a v3 upgrade. I have no idea when, or what it will cost. I don't know if it will jump from v1 -> v3, or if you'll need v2 first.. However, v2 is definitely better than v1.

Just started with the QMB and I have seen this:

A T34/85 was hit by a 88mm in the turret (hole clearly visibility). Then the Russian tank rotated the turret and fired back at the Tiger who was hit and destroyed.

Distance about 300 m. That feels strange, because the first hit into the turret should be devastating.

...the first hit into the turret should be devastating.

Often, yes. Always? No. If the penetration was at a shallow angle, the residual energy could potentially be low, leading to reduced behind-armour effects. How a target reacts if it is lucky enough to survive will depend on its soft factors and some randomness. You might even have killed the commander and loader, but the gunner had a round up the spout already and so returned fire before the driver paniced and got the flock out of Dodge. The gunner might be "yellow silhouette" wounded. The radio and other ancillary

equipment might have been trashed.

Run the turn again a few times and see if the T34/85 reacts the same way every time before you start making assertions about what "should" happen: there are a range of possibilities.

I will look for repetitions.

Don't do that. Look for the times a turret hit from an 88 kills the target stone dead. I'm sure it will be more common, and if you look for repetitions of the "rare survivor", you'll forget all the times your expectations of high lethality are matched. It's just the way our monkey brains work. Remember, when you're looking for the one-shot kills, that the shooter often doesn't know it's a one shot kill and will wing numerous rounds downrange until the target is a burning hulk or the crew bail and hightail it for the hills. Of course, if the target shoots back after being hit, you can be pretty sure it wasn't a one shot kill :)

Ken, just finished Scenario "Assault". Do not want to include any spoilers, but I think you would have been proud of my pixel comrades. Well most of them, 2 deserters were recaptured at the end of the battle. (They are still listed as missing in my records however :D ) ... but the battle could have gone a million different ways. A lot of fun for my first real scenario with this engine/version/whatever.

Maybe stupid question and answered elsewehere already (haven´t purchased CMRT yet), but do the decals show for any hit, no matter if it penetrates (any degree) or just ricochets? :confused:

It will show both ricochets and penetrations. There are also different size dependent on calibre as well as differences between AP and HEAT rounds.

Tanks will show decals for 37 mm and bigger.

Armored cars etc will show decals for AT rifle and bigger.