CM Forum

NIX

Fionn,

I did not want to stir anything up on the forum, but I wanted to say my peace. I'm an everyday visitor here and, on occasion, reply and begin posts. I missed most of the posts where people have attacked you, until they boiled over and got out of control. At that point I pretty much wanted to not get involved. But now I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate all of the time you have put into the CM forum. You are very knowledgeable, and I think you have treated everyone with nothing but respect. Except on the occasions when you felt personally attacked. Everybody feels like this sometimes, and the natural reaction is to respond in kind. With so many people getting together there are always going to be disagreements and misunderstandings. Overall, I have been impressed with both the moderators and the participants in this forum. Compare this forum to most of the others I have followed and this is the best, bar none.

I also think that BTS and yourself are probably wearing down after such a long time working on this project. I mean really, over 18,000 posts? That's incredible, and in those posts you all have had to put up with criticism, requests for features, and people being impatient wanting to get the game. I'm no different than most on this forum in that we are all anxious to play what is going to be the best wargame ever. I hope that after CM is released everyone concerned with this game takes a well deserved break. Then, you can come back to the forum and provide the insights that you have for as long as I've been on this forum. My compliments.

NIX

Steve and Charles,

I bet you guys need ( and probably deserve I might add) one hell of a vacation. One where your spine can mold itself back to normal from the hunched over keyboard position it is probably in now and where no one will laugh at you for all the physical therapy you need for your mouse arm! Any plans for the time when all the dust has settled?

cheers!

chris

[This message has been edited by Maus (edited 12-09-99).]

Guest John Maragoudakis

Thanks for your dedication Fionn. With all the knowledge that you display, some people forget that you are only human too.

Now get that panzer's engine started, that's an order!

I too want to thank you Fionn for all of the unbelievable time you dedicated to this game and to all of the forums on the internet. Not just this one. I have learned a lot from reading your informative messages and everytime that I saw your name on a post I just HAD to read it. So go ahead and start hitting that keyboard. smile.gif

Your fan, Paul

I typically just read, read, read and never post anything, but I had to go to the trouble of registering so that I could add my appreciation to that already posted for Fionn's efforts on this board. Keep in mind that quite a lot of us reading this board are the "silent masses" like me and I skim through the topics and look for information that Fionn and BTS provide, quite often skipping over usernames that add frivolous or aggresive messages.

I have played all of the missions of the demo about 10 times each and can't wait for the final product. Expert assistance like that posted from Fionn is much appreciated, and I hope to see him again on here soon after he gets a break.

------------------

desert rat wannabe

Guest Big Time Software

Thanks all. In the interests of moving along, and not having someone kick in here to drag us back into it, I am locking this up.

Steve