Hey BFC, how about a soundmap? (yeah, I'm annoyed).

So, I just downloaded and installed the game.

Extracted the files so I could work on my soundmod and what do I see?

Only four "new" weapon sound files.

gun 115 t-62.wav

gun 7 pk.wav

gun 14 kpvt.wav

gun 100 d10.wav

soo... mind telling us soundmodders which weapon uses what file on the russian side?

Since it appears they are using the cmbn sounds for the allied side so I'm guessing the PPSh41 uses either thompson or sten? Or maby the grease gun? or the gun smg.wav file?

This is making modding so much harder :(

I guess my soundmod will have to wait for a while until I've figured out what weapon uses what sound. *sigh*

I'm dissapointed in you guys :(

It couldn't have been too hard to just rename the .wav files for this version...

Been looking into it a bit more and it seems the "overflow" files are being used.

(ie. the rifle.wav, smg.wav and so on files).

However, I found something else as well.

The SVT-40 uses the same sound file as the mosin-nagant.

So, yet again, I won't be able to make a mosin nagant sound with bolt action sounds.

I thought my empassioned outcry in the FG42 incident would have made a difference.

Please change it so that the SVT-40 uses another sound so that us modders can add bolt sounds to the bolt action rifles.

right, I'm off to continue cataloging the sounds for the russians.

Ok, for everyone else doing soundmods, here is the sound list so far:

PPSh41/PPS43 - gun smg.wav

SG 43 - gun 7 pk.wav

DP/DPM/Maxim - gun 7 single.wav

MosinNagant/SVT-40 - gun rifle.wav

PTRD - gun 14 kpvt.wav

Those are the ones I've found so far.

Still haven't found the flamethrower sound and I still haven't checked the cannons (or what sounds the Tank MG's use.)

Well, I've sorted out the sounds for now.

I still wish BFC would make the SVT-40 use another sound than the one the Mosin-Nagant uses so we could use bolt action sounds again.

As it stands, I can't put one in because that would give the SVT-40 a bolt action sound too.

There are other small things that bother me (like the PTRS using the same sound as the MG151) but I'll work around them for now.

Good to hear that you are making progress Oddball - I think that the sound effects in CM are absolutely vital to the experience, and the modders have done a fantastic job. Any chance of a Mac version?

I still don't have a clue about what is needed for a mac version.

But if anyone wants to convert my mod to work with mac, feel free to do so and upload it.

No problem:

audio Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, mono 44100 Hz

BFCs files all have this format. Some mods have stereo files and these cause CM on the Mac to create weird sounds after a while. Windows seems to have no such problems.

So for a Mac version you only need to stick to this format and all is well.

No problem:

audio Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, mono 44100 Hz

BFCs files all have this format. Some mods have stereo files and these cause CM on the Mac to create weird sounds after a while. Windows seems to have no such problems.

So for a Mac version you only need to stick to this format and all is well.

Well then you should be able to use my mods without problem

AFAIK I have that on all my files since some files sound wierd when in stereo (not all, but some) so I have converted all of them to PCM/16/mono/44.1 anyway.

Try my mod and see if any sounds act wierd.

Let me know if they do.

Good to hear that you are making progress Oddball - I think that the sound effects in CM are absolutely vital to the experience, and the modders have done a fantastic job. Any chance of a Mac version?

Second this - after playing oddballs mod in CMBN and CMFI for months - returning to stock is a hell of a shock.