Combat Mission 1918?

Medieval period rocks. I would love a battle based game with more meat than the Total War or Stronghold series.

H2H with an attacker storming a castle or fort could be a lot of fun as would battles in the open field.

How hard would hand to hand be to program?

A Red Bull weekend or 2?

Me too..prob the best period to do.

Say the first three months of the War from Aug to Nov. That way you have Germans then the Entente attacking then the race to the sea..finally the odd scenario when trench warfare started kicking in.

I'd love to see a WW1 game.. but I'd like to see the Battle of the Frontiers in 1914.. when the war was all about movement and counter-movement. Although... the late war with Allied tanks and the Germans with their Hutier tactics would be awesome too.

Seems like CM: Korea wouldn't be too difficult, and wouldn't incite millions of flamewars like a Vietnam game or one covering the Arab-Israeli Wars would. Following RT, there will be plenty of material to use in terms of weapons and AFVs. It'll be great! Also, if we're getting ridiculous, then CM: Thirty Years War has my vote.

It'll be great! Also, if we're getting ridiculous, then CM: Thirty Years War has my vote.

But think of what the Seven Years War would be like. Man, it had everything:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Years%27_War

"It involved most of the great powers of the time and affected Europe, North America, Central America, the West African coast, India, and the Philippines."

Michael

I'm aware of the SYW, but I'm a fan of musket and pike more than just musket. With the exception of the Napoleonic Wars, which I love. The French and Indian War, which I am aware is part of the SYW, would actually be pretty interesting. More so than the European/Indian theater, at least to me. Having rifle-armed colonials and Native Americans stalk each other through dense woodland would be pretty sweet, and IMO is the closest thing to "modern" tactics you can find pre-WWI. Read about Roger's Rangers, for example. Those guys are just screaming for a CM game.

You know, all this fantasizing made me think of something. What if BFC outsourced info on topics that Steve and the others didn't know as much about? With the quantity of grogs on this forum alone, I'm sure people could contribute a ton of information about all kinds of topics. It might take a good deal of the research load off BFC's shoulders, and allow for the more obscure games people love to fantasize about.

I'm aware of the SYW, but I'm a fan of musket and pike more than just musket. With the exception of the Napoleonic Wars, which I love. The French and Indian War, which I am aware is part of the SYW, would actually be pretty interesting. More so than the European/Indian theater, at least to me. Having rifle-armed colonials and Native Americans stalk each other through dense woodland would be pretty sweet, and IMO is the closest thing to "modern" tactics you can find pre-WWI. Read about Roger's Rangers, for example. Those guys are just screaming for a CM game.

I can see the forums now ...

"my guy was killed by a Native American with a tomahawk while he was reloading. He should have dropped the gun and switched to his knife. The TacAI is rubbish !" ;)