New community site like the old cmakDB / cmbbDB in the works.

Hi,

Now when the Olympics is over and Sweden went up against Canada and lost..

Things can get back to usual :)

I am working on an "encyclopedia" for units and do forth on the different CMx2 games/modules.

The first try can be viewed here:

http://www.wargamingwombat.com/

It is made with bootstrap as a frontend framework with "mobile first" in mind.

So that you can use you mobile/tablet to browse the site when picking your units.

Lots of things is still in "ToDo" but the basic is just in.

Only the "vehicle" category is filled with data.

And the gfx for the different "meters" are only the raw numbers..

Any thoughts, ideas?

Just shout it out and perhaps it can be doable :)

--

Regards Falk

What made the CM1 database useful was the ability to quickly compare two units and their relative firepower and in the case of vehicles, armor penetration and armor factors.

However, in CM2 things are not so cut and dried. So, I do question whether such detailed information would be that useful. For us oldies, we don't 100% need that data any more. But, for newbies a way of quickly and simply comparing units would be invaluable.

I am thinking along the lines of:

"M4 vs Tiger - Probability of M4 killing Tiger with: Frontal shot at over 500m - virtually impossible; Side shot - Average; Rear shot - Good"

ie: Something quite simple and basic. If you give too much info and it's complex, the database will not be useful to the people who actually need the database.

What made the CM1 database useful was the ability to quickly compare two units and their relative firepower and in the case of vehicles, armor penetration and armor factors.

However, in CM2 things are not so cut and dried. So, I do question whether such detailed information would be that useful. For us oldies, we don't 100% need that data any more. But, for newbies a way of quickly and simply comparing units would be invaluable.

I am thinking along the lines of:

"M4 vs Tiger - Probability of M4 killing Tiger with: Frontal shot at over 500m - virtually impossible; Side shot - Average; Rear shot - Good"

ie: Something quite simple and basic. If you give too much info and it's complex, the database will not be useful to the people who actually need the database.

Hi Erwin ,

Yes, when I made the cm1db'es it was easier to get/see the use of the data..

And the basic compare idea is great.

Is the data available somewhere, or do you think that the community can help out to fill in the data if the function is there?

--

Regards Falk

My biggest problem when choosing QB units is I cannot remember weapons of different vehicles. Especially German armored cars & HTs.

I'd like to see a list of just tanks or vehicles with type and weapon calibre. And with some vehicles I'm interested in how many passengers they can take and how big guns they can tow.

My biggest problem when choosing QB units is I cannot remember weapons of different vehicles. Especially German armored cars & HTs.

I'd like to see a list of just tanks or vehicles with type and weapon calibre. And with some vehicles I'm interested in how many passengers they can take and how big guns they can tow.

Like the https://www.wargamingwombat.com/list_units/2?type=vehicle but with "maingun" on the same row?

--

Regards Falk

http://cmdb.xtreemhost.com/

How about a simple spread sheet with all the info on one page. Makes it hella easier to compare units. Also include the price from the QB page, that would be helpful.

Hi,

I don't know how to calculate the cost over time and experience.

That's why I didn't took the price in this stint..

But if someone out there know the formula for the price / unit..

It's doable to add.

Bout the spreadsheet idea, I understand that you want it.

Perhaps I can make some sort of export in the future.

--

Regards Falk

I've updated with some search mockups.

What do you think about this?

Buttongroups for Country, Game/Module, Type.

And this will show available subunit types (in the mock, the vehicle type is pressed)

And below the selections should show up.

Perhaps with a choice of sorting different, showing different info in the filtered optionss?

Thoughts?

--

MvH Falk