Winter Maps

von shrad

Does this engine support winter maps? I own CM:N but I never devoted much time to it. It seems that I don't really recall seeing any winter maps screens. Another similar product handles them very well and I assume they are a must for the East Front.

When they get to that time frame yes, check out the CMFI forum as that game does have a winter time frame with the Gustav Line Module

If you go to the Gustav Line section there some (but few) snow shots. Over in the CMFI screenshots thread there are a couple more including some for Kohlenklau's Bulge mods

There are two on this page.

For the Eastern front it may be a bit before we get the module for winter 1944. That will be when we will get snow conditions on the Eastern front and I would not be surprised to see them enhanced over what we have in CMFI at the moment.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=105494&page=30

pfffft sniped by the master.

If that doesn't do it here are some snowy shots from an urban map of mine. The map is on the repository, just changing the date and weather conditions can get you whatever you want rain, mud, snow etc I was playing around to see how different units look so some have trench coats and some don't.

GLVenafroShot009_zpsbf797849.jpg

GLVenafroShot014_zps00475016.jpg

GLVenafroShot017_zps70b9f7d9.jpg

My excuse for spending more time than allotted working on snowy terrain art for CMFI was that the art would be able to do triple-duty for Bulge and Eastern Front. Snow on the ground & bare branches looks like snow on the ground & bare branches no matter what region you're in. Okay, I was stretching the point a little bit. :D