Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Save used map?

I would like to be able to save a map after a battle and use it again in a QB. With destroyed tanks, Buildings and terrain dotted with craters. Is there a way?

In CMAK and CMBB you could save a used QB map. It was perfect for countinues QB campagin battles. Even the damaged troops was saved to next battle. Imobil tanks, dead Soldiers.

Jonas

Unfortunately no. For quite a few of us that is the #1 feature we would like to see. Okay "quite a few" May mean just 3 for all I really know. :D

Thanks. I had to ask if I had missed some new feature or something. If they make that work they could easily put in QB campagins that the players manage. They don't have to make new maps or work on a new Engine! They would have a superb new feature QB campagin that would give them more cash!

BATTLEFRONT PLEASE MAKE THAT HAPPEN! QB CAMPAGIN FEATURE! Just make the game be able to save what has been on maps with old troops and a feature where you can buy new troops to reinforce the old ones. Only that!

Jonas

I'd love to see persistent map damage. What about core force import function to scenarios for board game campaign play. I mean the ability to save multiple core forces both friendly and opposing, view them in the editor, and import or export them to any scenario.

Also a copy past function for ai plans and groups.

Yes been asking for a long while, lets see if we get any traction :)

I had a similar idea long ago as well. Build a force you want and save it. Import said force as part of your points buy at the start of a QB. As long as the date set on the scenario is after the current 'time stamp' on the battle group. After the fight the core units can be exported for the next QB with the their total point value recalc'd. Maybe allow editing to allow for replacements/upgrades? (Basically something to help run an ROCQ style campaign in CM2)

Persistent damage would be cool too, saving the 'map' at the end of a battle would be a pretty cool way to do that. Along similar lines was wondering the other day with the skin tags and/or hit decals that have been mentioned could one be setup for vehicles that's allows for burn-out hull skin to be applied through the editor? Place Panther, make it so it can't move, set skin to destroyed.

-F