CM:FI Demo

JoMac

What patch is the CM:FI Demo ? It does seem the Small Arms MG fire is alittle more aggressive then that from CM:BN Demo ( but could just be the placebo effect after reading changes to the small arms/mg effectivness in a previous game patch ).

I have been playing both Demos for past few months and decided it was time to purchase the CM:FI & CM:GL bundle ( will purchase the CM:BN series at a later date ), and after installation patch it to v1.12.

Any info would be appreciated.

Joe

well it was created for the original release so that would make it sort of 1.0 if that is what you are asking.

It's been updated with some GL stuff since though. It's 1.10 (so engine version 2 with the first proper patch which ISTR included the machine gun upstat). The BN demo with CW is 1.10 and so certainly doesn't have the autofire effectiveness increase.

I think both MG's and SMG's ( along with pistol fire ) in the Demos are already fairly potent.

Ofcourse, this is against the Computer AI which runs down the road or open terrain half the time, and get cut down accordinly.

And, since BFC increased the MG's effectiveness in there more recent patches, then I think it may be to much ( they had it right the first time ).

I think an increase in Suppression, and a downgrade in Moral & Motivation levels will help bring the casualty rates down to where they should be.

I may have to get the patch that came out right before the MG increase ( think it's v1.10 ), but unfortunately, I will loose all the other benefits from all the patches ( Bug & TOE fixes, etc ), along with opponents ( since they will be fully patched most likely ).

I guess it may be me against the AI then.

And, since BFC increased the MG's effectiveness in there more recent patches, then I think it may be to much ( they had it right the first time ).

Please be assured that it's not a personal criticism or attack when I say that this is a fine illustration of Steve's eternal dilemma: you can't please everyone all the time, whatever changes you make. :)

That said, when you're playing HvH, it is the same for both sides, so "bring autofire" is a good rule of thumb, which is as it should be...

This is true, but I think BFC has 2nd guessed themselves due to community input ( Forums ), instead of keeping true to their initial decision. Afterall, they did say that MG's ( auto weapons in general ) was a complex issue to work with in the CMx2 Engine.

I think making a Patch to fix Bugs, changing the UI, or improving game mechanics in general is one thing, but to make one that changes how the game is played, is another.

Guess, I may as well give the latest CM:FI a try first, and compare it to the old...Can always go back to the old patch ( v1.10 ) if necessary.

I also noticed BFC didn't make a CM:BN v1.12 patch like they did for CM:FI...I guess the 1.0 Engine will soon be halted in favor of the 2.0 Engine.