Spotting rounds

Scenario: Regular Platoon HQ, unsuppressed, sitting inside a house, spotting for 81mm linear barrage 600m away. There is no obstruction (dust, smoke, trees, etc.) to the target.

My question/concern is that he is now on round 18 of spotting out of the scant 42 I was given. Would it truly take 18 rounds and the approximately 10 minutes (of spotting rounds, not waiting for availability)?

I've never seen spotting this bad before, and I'm curious if anyone else has had an issue like this. If he isn't suppressed or his view obstructed, what is the reason I wonder?

thanks.

Scenario: Regular Platoon HQ, unsuppressed, sitting inside a house, spotting for 81mm linear barrage 600m away. There is no obstruction (dust, smoke, trees, etc.) to the target.

My question/concern is that he is now on round 18 of spotting out of the scant 42 I was given. Would it truly take 18 rounds and the approximately 10 minutes (of spotting rounds, not waiting for availability)?

I've never seen spotting this bad before, and I'm curious if anyone else has had an issue like this. If he isn't suppressed or his view obstructed, what is the reason I wonder?

thanks.

Some things to check for clarity's sake:

You do have smoke turned on? Everyone's got caught by that one when trying to judge "problemmatic" LOS/LOF before...

He's not hiding, is he? That would make it difficult to see over the window ledge...

Is environmental visibility impaired (Fog, Mist, dusk/night) at all? If it's misty and not full light, LOS can actually be quite short; if the mission was called "just" in LOS, and the spotting rounds are falling further away, they'll be invisible to the spotter. Or if the lighting conditions worsened during the minutes of "Recieving" and "Preparing".

Are you fully patched? There have been transient blips in the way spotters behave, corrected in subsequent patches.

Has the HQ still got its Leader? Arty call privileges are dependent on the appropriate personnel being still active, and if the HQ team lost its leader between the call for support and the time of spotting rounds falling, it can take some time to resolve the situation (and the unit may well no longer be suppressed, if it even was suppressed by whatever it was geeked the El Tee). Again, the exact outcome of the situation will depend on the version you're running.

Or you might have hit a glitch...

...this is a platoon HQ who shows in C2 with his Company CO...

Not sure the C2 status is relevant to spotting failing in this way; it's specifically the combat-effective presence of the individual (or one of the individuals) who grant the support call privileges... C2 with an offmap superior means the radio operator is still alive, but it's the "Leader" (and, possibly - I haven't any info one way or the other - the XO, if the platoon HQ has one and the Leader is a casualty) that matters. I just remembered one additional way to check, if you have any other support assets: do they show up as available or "Denied".