Mord - UI Portraits

GSX

Yeah I too was wondering about this...

I updated a couple other mods to MG compatibility for personal use but haven't messed with this one yet, I was hoping for a "real" update.

These are the two that I "updated" on my own...

Juju's floating icons v2.0 (added and formatted missing icons)

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=2481

CMBN & CW branch icons w/ flags (created and added missing branch flag backgrounds)

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1773

Clarification: Those links are for the original mods, not my updates.

Yeah I too was wondering about this...

I updated a couple other mods to MG compatibility for personal use but haven't messed with this one yet, I was hoping for a "real" update.

These are the two that I "updated" on my own.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=2481

CMBN & CW branch icons w/ flags (created and added missing branch flag backgrounds)

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1773

Thanks for those links, I think I got one of them the other day when I was upgrading to newer Mods.

Im just missing the Para portrait now, not ultra important would just like to complete the set!

Cheers

I could post my updates to the mods... but I don't want the original creators to get pissed off. I won't post them on a mod site but I could maybe do a mediafire link...

Here they are:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xaodlfa2lo7unqn/branches_updated.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3vzvtyrq33zb285/floating_icons_updated.rar

I didn't make these mods!!!!! I just updated them for MG compatibility. I will delete the links if the original authors want me to no problem.

Hey fellas. I haven't bought MG yet but that doesn't mean I can't do the work. My time has been limited (so much so I've been playing a single PBEM with DC for over two months) but I do want to update the MG/CMBN portrait mod and finish the one I started for CMFI a year ago (now it will need CW stuff added).

What are the portrait/bmp names that are missing? Do the Kreigsmarines have their own portrait? If you can paste the file names here that would be a start. I am not sure when I can begin but it may not be too long. All depends on my time. On a positive note I am itching to jump back in. I haven't released anything since last December.

Mord.

These are the two that I "updated" on my own...

Hi Astrocat. I will update my floating icon mod. Only, I haven't gotten around to it yet, as I'm working on a major overhaul for TweakedUI. Posting it here via mediafire is fine, but I'd rather you not upload it to a modsite.

If there's call for CMBN & CW branch icons with flags I can try to incorporate them in my UI or possibly offer them as optional files.

Hi Astrocat. I will update my floating icon mod. Only, I haven't gotten around to it yet, as I'm working on a major overhaul for TweakedUI. Posting it here via mediafire is fine, but I'd rather you not upload it to a modsite.

If there's call for CMBN & CW branch icons with flags I can try to incorporate them in my UI or possibly offer them as optional files.

No problem, and thanks for all your work. And, if you incorporated the branches/flags into your UI that would be awesome! :)

These are all the branches currently in the game. From what I can tell the portrait naming convention is portrait (the name below).bmp

Hope this helps!

usa airborne infantry

usa armor

usa armored infantry

usa infantry

british airborne infantry

british armor

british armored infantry

british infantry

canadian airborne infantry

canadian armor

canadian armored infantry

canadian infantry

german armor

german armored infantry

german infantry

kriegsmarine infantry

luftwaffe airborne infantry

luftwaffe armor

luftwaffe armored infantry

luftwaffe infantry

polish airborne infantry

polish armor

polish armored infantry

polish infantry

ss armor

ss armored infantry

ss infantry

Thing is: For the MG module a bunch of the new protraits went... um... missing. Therefore no one knows exacrly what the file names will be. But it's known and will be fixed in the 2.11 patch.

Do you have the Gustav Line module? If not, I can check filenames.

Went missing as in the game doesn't read the file name? Or went missing as they forgot to add the actual BMPS?

Yep. I have Gustav, but looks like Astrocat covered the names.

These are all the branches currently in the game. From what I can tell the portrait naming convention is portrait (the name below).bmp

Hope this helps!

Thanks brotha, that'll do it.

Mord.

Went missing as in the game doesn't read the file name? Or went missing as they forgot to add the actual BMPS?

Apparently they forgot to add it. :D

But I can confirm that portraits filenames conform to the branches, so the portrait for a Fallschirmjäger unit would then be "portrait luftwaffe airborne infantry" and so on.

I can also confirm that the BMPs work when they are added (I used placeholders for figuring out the correct filenames), so you can start rigth away.

Thanks Mord, very much appreciated and Im certainly not looking for them tomorrow. When you can manage it will be fine.

No problem. I've been in the midst of updating these for almost a year. What with the new MG module being released and people wanting them, gives me the incentive to get back to it. I actually have all the prep on the Falschirms done as of a few minutes ago. I just have to start making BMPs.

Apparently they forgot to add it. :D

But I can confirm that portraits filenames conform to the branches, so the portrait for a Fallschirmjäger unit would then be "portrait luftwaffe airborne infantry" and so on.

I can also confirm that the BMPs work when they are added (I used placeholders for figuring out the correct filenames), so you can start rigth away.

Cool. That's what I figured and was hoping happened. I can check them in CMFI without having to rename them for CMBN.

Mord.