Greyed out name in vehicle damage tab?

Hi,

Been playing a scenario that features the new MG vehicle, the SPW 251/21 with the triple 15mmm cannons on it. An awesome weapon system that I never even knew existed.

I have been ordering it to area fire at several targets and have found it at times not responding to my area fire orders, or not firing at all. The only clue to what may be going on is in the unit damage tab. (This vehicle has been under fire).

Here is what a normal damage tab for this vehicle looks like:

d95y.png

Here is what I see with the vehicle that won't shoot. The damage indicator is green (as in normal/no damage) but the name of the weapon is greyed out.

9n8d.png

What does that mean? Nothing in the manual about this. I assume the reason it's not firing is related to this. Strictly speaking, according to the manual the weapon damage indicator being green means it is undamaged.

Bull

I would check your ammo status. Please post a picture of the ammo tab. Keep a savegame, if you can. A screenshot showing the entire vehicle UI, especially crew status (spotting, aiming, etc.) would be helpful.

Ken

Just noticed: if this is the same vehicle, the lower screen shows some damage to the radio and tracks. It must've taken a few hits. That points more towards crew morale. Need more pix.

I would check your ammo status. Please post a picture of the ammo tab. Keep a savegame, if you can. A screenshot showing the entire vehicle UI, especially crew status (spotting, aiming, etc.) would be helpful.

Ken

Just noticed: if this is the same vehicle, the lower screen shows some damage to the radio and tracks. It must've taken a few hits. That points more towards crew morale. Need more pix.

Yeah I was going to post the ammo as well just to show all was normal. if there was any doubt...

fb1f.png

Here is the full shot:

gjza.png

Morale fine. Ammo fine.

The info on each unit member you get on the bottom left of screen just says each of the 4 crew members are "spotting", so no reloading apparently occurring.

Hi,

Been playing a scenario that features the new MG vehicle, the SPW 251/21 with the triple 15mmm cannons on it. An awesome weapon system that I never even knew existed.

I have been ordering it to area fire at several targets and have found it at times not responding to my area fire orders, or not firing at all. The only clue to what may be going on is in the unit damage tab. (This vehicle has been under fire).

Here is what a normal damage tab for this vehicle looks like:

d95y.png

Here is what I see with the vehicle that won't shoot. The damage indicator is green (as in normal/no damage) but the name of the weapon is greyed out.

9n8d.png

What does that mean? Nothing in the manual about this. I assume the reason it's not firing is related to this. Strictly speaking, according to the manual the weapon damage indicator being green means it is undamaged.

Bull

The leader is wielding an MP40 in the 2nd pic for reasons best known to himself. (I thought he was the loader for a sec so now this post isn't helpful) But what if the crew bails out then gets back on board? HQ units should be able to summarily execute malingering or underperforming pixeltruppen. :mad:

Greyed out weapon in the damage tab indicates that it is empty and needs to reload. There is a bug with the 251/21 preventing it from reloading and consequently blocking targeting/firing despite plentiful remaining ammo. Should be fixed in the patch.

AGHH!! I am guessing you are positive it's a bug that has already been recognised? What am I going to do with these vehicles in this scenario now? Maybe i ask my opponent to put the game on ice until it's resolved. I have 4 of them! (Scenario is MG Counterattack at Son).

gubu, the screenshots of the normal damage tab were taken from a different vehicle.