Cool Blog on Syria Weapons

very nice blog thought some here would find it interesting if it hasn't been posted yet or anyone else haven't come across it. lots of info on weapons systems that have been IDed an bit on some of the battles. Awesome info on the anti-material rifles, ak-74m's an the tons of atgms the opposition has now captured an seem to be making heavy use of now.

Interesting to see how close BFC got with the Syrian TO&E with what little info was available then. The info on the TURMS-T equipped T-72s is pretty surprising given that they equipped this upgrade on mostly the older model T-72s it seems.

http://spioenkop.blogspot.com/

Syria and her fighting vehicles

http://spioenkop.blogspot.com/2013/02/syria-and-her-fighting-vehicles_25.html

Syria and her TURMS-T equipped T-72's

http://spioenkop.blogspot.com/2013/02/syrian-turms-t-equipped-t-72s.html

Great find, thanks. Lots of interesting info, for example this and also the post about the captured MILANs and AT-14s

"Relatively few BMP-2's are lost compared to the Syrian Arab Army BMP-1's. Simple explanations can be given for this fact. First of all, the Republican Guard is using superior tactics compared to the Syrian Arab Army. The Republican Guard using the vehicle for fire support, evecuating wounded and bringing supplies to the front line. This all in an organized matter and covered by infantry and T-72AV's. The Syrian Arab Army mostly using the BMP-1's charging trough cities without any infantry support, thus being an easy prey for Free Syrian Army anti-tank teams."

Great find, thanks. Lots of interesting info, for example this and also the post about the captured MILANs and AT-14s

"Relatively few BMP-2's are lost compared to the Syrian Arab Army BMP-1's. Simple explanations can be given for this fact. First of all, the Republican Guard is using superior tactics compared to the Syrian Arab Army. The Republican Guard using the vehicle for fire support, evecuating wounded and bringing supplies to the front line. This all in an organized matter and covered by infantry and T-72AV's. The Syrian Arab Army mostly using the BMP-1's charging trough cities without any infantry support, thus being an easy prey for Free Syrian Army anti-tank teams."

Always looking to spread info in the direction of like minded individuals.

From just observing the videos of the RG units in action around Damascus you can see the difference in their training, tactics, an leadership. I've seen only a few videos of the opposition getting the drop on the RG units like they do the regular SAA. These guys for the most part are now well versed students in the School of Urban Warfare. This subject interests me a lot mainly the just the warfare aspect of it so lets just not get this thread shut down like that last one with all the political an conspiracy b/s.

I totally forgot about Syria having MILANS in her inventory till I found that blog. Now one thing I always wondered was why wasn't the MILAN included for the Syrians in CM:SF? Did they never acquire it in a big enough numbers to include it in the game, past their shelf date, figured they had enough ATGMs as is, or was it overlooked?

Unrelated, but cool, nevertheless:

I am currently re-reading "Thunder Run", and out of impulse, I type Thunder Run in Youtube, only to get then-live footage from the actual thunder run complete with approaching vehicles being shot up and a soldier throwing a grenade into the hatch of a disabled M1, just like it was described in the book.

I could not believe my eyes!

Best regards,

Thomm

Saferight,

One impressive blog! On the main page, the video still of the Buk mod was so blurry that at first my eye read SS-21s, not SA-11s (sorry, old school pre-SU collapse defense guy). Obviously, that's impossible, but I suspect it was viewing angle and maybe a tarp that did it. The pics are simply amazing, an intel analyst's fondest dream kind of material. Tremendous resource.

Regards,

John Kettler

Saferight,

One impressive blog! On the main page, the video still of the Buk mod was so blurry that at first my eye read SS-21s, not SA-11s (sorry, old school pre-SU collapse defense guy). Obviously, that's impossible, but I suspect it was viewing angle and maybe a tarp that did it. The pics are simply amazing, an intel analyst's fondest dream kind of material. Tremendous resource.

Regards,

John Kettler

Yeah the guys very detailed an knows his stuff. Kind of like the Brown Moses guy who mostly does munitions mainly on his blog. That guys probably putting out the best in depth info on the chemical attacks.

Here's a link to his blog

http://brown-moses.blogspot.com/