CMPzC Normandy '44 Operation - Caen

hey noob,

I looked at VM's rules and he doesn't check automatic defensive fire. It looks like our rules are pre-set to also be no ADF. I thought we WOULD get automatic defensive fire against your moves.

edit: but weird, I played solitaire with the VM rules and it seems to show some type of defensive fire occuring as units come into LOS. WTF?

I pre set the rules when I created the demo to exactly VM's specifications. When I started using VM's rules I also noticed that defensive fire is conducted as though the ADF box was checked. It's obvious that ADF kicks in automatically when MDF is "not" selected, so having an ADF check box seems superfluous. I will ask Rich from HPS about this, as I have some other issues about PzC I want to talk to him about.

hey that is great. Oh, just sippin coffee, getting ready to head off to work and wondered what the weather was gonna be like today, full moon last night but moonset must've occurred or its cloudy. Then . thought of something. I recall a weather.dat file in the PzC folder. So, when we create the CM battles, we have to also make sure time of day, weather, etc are all correct. Or at least agree across the 2 systems. I didn't see that in the How To.

Noob, you need a Scarlet Johansen looking lady as a secretary to take care of all these manual changes. Oh, that'll be funny if choppinlt has one paid for by some guy's kickstart contributions. :eek:

I recall a weather.dat file in the PzC folder. So, when we create the CM battles, we have to also make sure time of day, weather, etc are all correct. Or at least agree across the 2 systems. I didn't see that in the How To.

I need to add a section at the start of the CM Battle Set Up page, describing how the assaulting player sets the conditions in the CM battle.

I'm following your operation with great interest. Since success or failure of this operation hinges on the occupation of 2 towns. I can foresee several CM battles being fought for possession of these towns.

After a few of these battles take place it will become obvious how much we need the ability to save a CM map at the end of a battle so that it can be used in the next.

I'm assuming that the maps will need to be edited between assaults to reflect the terrain damage from the previous battle.

I'm following your operation with great interest. Since success or failure of this operation hinges on the occupation of 2 towns. I can foresee several CM battles being fought for possession of these towns.

After a few of these battles take place it will become obvious how much we need the ability to save a CM map at the end of a battle so that it can be used in the next.

I'm assuming that the maps will need to be edited between assaults to reflect the terrain damage from the previous battle.

Yes. I have a page prepared for continuation CM battles. I will write it up as soon as possible.

But, in a nutshell, the CM battlefield of a particular hex has to be recreated as accurately as possible for damage if that hex is used in another CM battle. Also, if the defender feels that their forces can still fight after a CM battle, they can remain in the hex and fight a continuation of the battle at the end of their PzC turn. Any of their sides forces moved onto the hex during the PzC turn will arrive on the CM map as reinforcements at times determined by the attacking side. In the case of a continuation battle, the participating CM units will need to be placed correctly, and modified to reflect their final condition in after previous CM battle. The review screen function accessed via the result screen will prove invaluable for this.

To contest

noob,

What is that document written in? I have libre writer. I can help you with it, but I highly recommend (we gotta!) you make it numerical paragraphs so it can be better cross referenced. And like a borken record, make it flow like a battle flows. Don't talk about the dessert before you talk about the appetizer. Don't mention CM before you first talk about PzC. IMHO! I'll freaking help you and we can get this baby sailing smooth as silk.

If your talking about the guide, I do see what you mean about the layout, but at the moment, I'm more concerned with getting the operation up and running, and the rules perfected and tested. But, when I get the time, I will change how it reads.

Jawohl herr obernoobenfurher!

ok, I will reserve a good lengthy time slot and a six-pack and be waiting to assist....

So, "Were on-for Buron", you gonna slide me some trenches, an FO, maybe some wire, mines?, and that juicy arty?

You only get trenches I'm afraid. Count how many squads and shrek / gun sections you have on that map i sent you, then multiply that number by four. That's how many trench strips you can have. Also, as you are the CO, it's your job to place the them. So place them inside the set up zone ready for combat, then save, date, and post it in our private dropbox.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been experimenting with the Caen scenario in the PzC N44 demo, and, after changing "all" the participating units defence values to a quarter of their original value, I then played the sceanrio as a hot seat battle. When the PzC assault function was used, the results "felt" considerably better than they used to, meaning, the results were more like the results one would expect if the assault wee performed using CM. Therefore, I am going to apply the new defence values to the Caen operation PzC OOB, thus allowing the PzC assault function to be used to resolve one sided assaults, if desired.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

The CMPzC test operations I had on the go have been cancelled. This is because of real life time constraints, which have also prohibited me from finishing the rules in the manual.

However, there is the ongoing development of COO, which, if successful, will make CMPzC redundant https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/combat-operations-overlord-game-group

If I get some time to finish the manual I will announce it on the forums, but there is enough finished material in the manual to allow players to use PzC as an operational layer for CM.