Well I'm not sure what exactly these AI improvements are supposed to be, but so far I'm not too impressed with what I've seen in the 1870 scenario, with the French AI apparently not willing to deploy new units (total unit count being about 10 by the end of August).

Did you check the AI's production Que? Or perhaps the AI needs extra income as 300 MPP isn't very much for the AI to reinforce and rebuild units at the same time. I am still in early August so I can't say yet what the situation is later in the month in my game.

I'm curious about the AI enhancements. Are they equal to the AI improvements in AoD and AoC? If not, how are they different? Also, do the improvements apply to all Campaigns and scenarios?

Thanks for any info.

Hi Stormbringer2,

The AI enhancements have mostly to do with the way the AI handles combat and identifies its targets and works to destroy them.

For example, swap movements and attacks have been greatly improved for the AI as well as how the AI picks its weakest targets and then focuses other available units to attempt to destroy it in a much more meaningful manner.

All of these described improvements were also implemented for AoD and AoC but for AoD/AoC we also made some AI script adjustments that provided some extra flexibility when scripting the AI that improves the AI in a few other general areas.

But the most important area would be combat and essentially that is what is now a part of the latest v1.03 Breakthrough patch.

Hubert

Hi Ancient Demon

I'd be interested to know how many French units you've destroyed, and also where you are in France?

It can be difficult to rebuild destroyed units, but they should with time receive reinforcements from new Garde Mobile units, and later on, International volunteers.

Thanks

Bill

I can say for a fact that the Prussians rebuild their lost units.(infact, I stoped my current game because it became frustrating in a dead stalemate where I would destroy units at the rate they were build and neither gain any territory(I had 10% more NM but the rate at which NM moved overall was still very slow). My AI had 50% extra income)

Hi Ancient Demon

I'd be interested to know how many French units you've destroyed, and also where you are in France?

It can be difficult to rebuild destroyed units, but they should with time receive reinforcements from new Garde Mobile units, and later on, International volunteers.

Thanks

Bill

Now at September 15th, I had destroyed a total of 52 French units, with 3 remaining on map (at the beginning of the war they start with 27 units on map with ~30 in the queue, so that can account for about everything). Not sure where the ~7000 so far they spent on units went to, but it couldn't have been all to reinforcing existing units. I looked at their queue now and there's 12 units there, but they're mostly scheduled for near the end of September (purchased units should only have a one turn delay in this scenario).

Now at September 15th, I had destroyed a total of 52 French units, with 3 remaining on map (at the beginning of the war they start with 27 units on map with ~30 in the queue, so that can account for about everything). Not sure where the ~7000 so far they spent on units went to, but it couldn't have been all to reinforcing existing units. I looked at their queue now and there's 12 units there, but they're mostly scheduled for near the end of September (purchased units should only have a one turn delay in this scenario).

Hi Ancient Demon

Thanks for this. I think the French will have bought many if not most of those units, and spent the rest on reinforcing.

I'll take a look further to see what improvements can be made, and if you could send me a saved turn of how things currently stand it would be really useful too. :)

Thanks

Bill

bill.runacre@furysoftware.com

Hi Ancient Demon

Thanks for this. I think the French will have bought many if not most of those units, and spent the rest on reinforcing.

I'll take a look further to see what improvements can be made, and if you could send me a saved turn of how things currently stand it would be really useful too. :)

Thanks

Bill

bill.runacre@furysoftware.com

I just e-mailed you a copy of the save.

Thanks to Ancient Demon for sending me a saved turn, we've tracked down that there is a problem with the French AI.

It won't really affect things much during the initial phase of the war, but in the post-Imperial phase it will unfortunately lack most of the forces it should have.

We will get a fix sorted out for this, but in the meantime the early phase playing against the French AI is pretty unaffected by this, as is Multiplayer and playing against the Prussian AI.