A new "Private Ryan in the BULGE" ??

Here's part of a sceen from the third draft of SPR2. Don't ask where I got it. I have my sources:

"Sir, you're alive?!?"

"Yeah, I am. Seems like when you thought I was dead, I wasn't really, really dead, but only sorta dead. It was a flesh wound, really."

"And Sgt. Mike?"

"(sighs in that Tom Hanks way)Yeah, him too, like he said, he only had the wind knocked out of him. He was just staring dreamily off into space there on the bridge. He thought he had lost his dirt collection and was very sad. Actually, the whole gang is back. Even that rodent guy who I really should have left back at HQ last time, let me tell you.(laughter)"

"Wow, that's great sir, that's great. Where are we headed?"

"Well, seems that the Germans have made a breakout attempt down near Bastogne, so that's where we're going."

"Get into the action again, sir?"

"No, we have to get some guy named Rian from behind enemy lines. He lost 5 of his brothers this time."

"Five? How many did that last guy lose?"

"Four. That's what make this so much more tragic. And if saving one man will get me back home to my-"

"It didn't last time, sir."

"Shut up, private. You take point."

from what I read on Yahoo, they're going to do a TV miniseries (for cable tv) called:

Band of Brothers

sounds like it's based on Ambrose's book of the same name

they're producing it, not sure if Tom Hanks is starring in it. Scheduled to film next year for a 2001 air date.

dave

Thanks to both for the answers !

...and Pham, thank for having revealed this so secret plot of PR2 ! I was ROFL !! :))

Indeed it's very tragic !! :))

Sure if they make such a parody I'll run to see it !!:))

Cheers !

Stephan

Cool, that is the one Ambrose book I like a lot. And regardles sof all the Lame flak about SPR it is a wargamer's military buufs work of art and more importantly speaking a soldier/vet the most (IMO) realistic portrayal of combat on screen (short of Capra's Battle of San Pietro).

The only major issue I have is I'm getting sick and tired of all the damn press about the 101st when we all know that the 82d did all the real fighting.

;)

Los (1/505th PIR)

Guest Tom punkrawk

I was reading about this,it's going to be a mini-series on HBO, like from Earth To The Moon(Which Hanks directed and starred in).All that means is I need to get HBO again,they said it might be done by like next fall or something like that.

------------------

We ain't got no place to go,let's go to a punk rawk show

Guest John Maragoudakis

Hey, I saw an article in today's newspaper regarding this new film.

Here it is:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Tom Hanks is reportedly about to re-enlist to fight in WWII for Gen. Steven Spielberg. The plan is for a new movie-or movies maybe, because they're talking about 11 hours of film-following a unit of U.S. paratroopers from D-Day to Berlin.

This will be, I understand, the movie version of Band of Brothers, a book by respected U.S. historian Stephen Ambrose, who was an adviser to Spielberg on Saving Private Ryan.

The book is a few years old now;the full title is Band of Brothers:E Company, 506 Regiment, 101st Airborne from Normandy to Hitler's Eagle's Nest.

The picture will be shot in England, with a budget near 150 million.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Tom punkrawk

Yeah it'll probably end up on video,I sw From The Earth To The Moon on video,so I assume w/ the large group of people who think they know everything there is too about ww2 'cause they've seen Saving Private Ryan a couple times(I know people who think this)it'll be in high demand.haha I was just remembering, someone thought it was Carbeam,and not a Carbine, and they argues w/ me about it.haha

When Trumpets Fade was an HBO original as well.

------------------

Guest Tom punkrawk

HAHAHA!Not totally true,there are plenty of movies where there are no americans in them(THERE ALL CANADIANS!! smile.gif)umm...but I think an East Front version would be cool as well,hell a version of SPR's quality in any setting during the war would be great.

------------------

Well

Mr SpielBerg can do any movie he wants smile.gif He owns his own production house "DreamWorks", he did movies like Schindlers List etc...he doesn't need the money smile.gif Its all for art wink.gif

Please a Eastern Front movie...I'll email him wink.gif

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

My HomePage -----> www.geocities.com/coolcolj/

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 12-12-99).]

Hi guys,

There is a hell of a good movie on east front, it is called Stalingrad and was produced by the team that made DAS BOOT.

(German made)

Go and Check The internet movie database, I have got both on DVD. They are far superior to Saving Private Ryan.

------------------

Nicolas

I found Stalingrad a horrible dispressing movie actually and it looks way to bright and colourful - Saving Private Ryan has the right amount of colour fade wink.gif Plus SPR has better action scenes, the last 30mins is awesome

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

My HomePage -----> www.geocities.com/coolcolj/

Check out my Combat Mission Beta Demo Tweaked Textures ;)

I found Stalingrad a horrible dispressing movie actually

--------------------------------------------

I imagine that the folks who were there found the actual battle "horrible dispressing" as well. smile.gif

Seriously, I enjoyed the movie a great deal. It wasn't without its flaws, but it was still quite moving. For the purpose of grogs, the Soviet armor attack does a great job of showing the psychological impact that a tank strike has on infantry.

I agree, Stalingrad just kinda fizzled out. Granted it was a crappy situation and the movie does a GREAT job of portraying the hopelessnes of being there, but the desertion scenes, and the whole scene where their in the basement with the Soviet woman and their all whining...I could've done without that. It was too melodramatic. Not at all what the "Average" soldat went through. Pretty much turned into "Stalingrad: 90152".

I did like the Soviet tank attack in the snow. That was very interesting. I still think I prefer "Cross of Iron" as my favorite East Front movie, and one of the best books I've read on it to this day!

Zamo