Mixing BN and FI mods

Is this a problem? What happens if you put a R35 mod into BN for example?

I'm thinking mainly about vehicle skins, terrain and sound mods - nothing exotic.

Because if mixing is possible then I could just link the Z folders together. Saves space and administrative effort the more base games we get.

I don't know the answer to your question about mixing.

Would be nice to have a built in game, quick and easy way to select different Z folder mod themes without having to move things about. Then one could set up a separate Mod Warehouse drive as it were and direct CM-XYZ to use this mod theme on loading.

Some things are shared, some not. With a bit of ingenuity it is even possible to import CMSF polygons to CMBN. But anything related to orders of battle or unit statistics are embedded in the program and not moddable, you can only change the visuals.

Most mods will work in both games that share the same file name with no problems. I put many of mine in the GL demo, and they work fine. Some examples: Using Aris smoke, Veins tracers, and same sound mod for both. If you use the animated text mod MAKE SURE you are using the right version. That mod is not cross compatible. You MUST use the right version for it to work right. There is a version up for the latest CMBN, and CMFI versions at the repository. If you try it, and the text looks screwy you are using the wrong version.

I made a mod of a telephone pole flavor object from CM: AFGHANISTAN for use in Sicily for FORTRESS ITALY

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=106953

And I know the telephone poles work in CM:Normandy. It's in the repository for FORTRESS ITALY. The screenshot of the M10 in Sicily (months before Gustav Line was released) has an M10 Tank Destroyer from the CM: Normandy demo that I hacked over. But the CM:N M10 was strictly in as a flavor object in Fortress Italy. The M10 Tank Destroyer can't be manned, doesn't shot and doesn't move and you can drive through it.

So yeah you can mix CM:N and CM:FI and CM:SHOCK FORCE/AFGHANISTAN together but there are some issues. Tried to import a n Afghanistan CM:A-stan mosque into CM:FI for a Tunisia Mod. I could get the lower structure to work-but the Mosque copula wouldn't show.

It's a crap shoot with some things.