German campaign

According to the briefing the only infantry available to the player in this campaign are scoots and engineers. Why is this? I'm not well read about scicly but I was fairly certain the HG division had infantry units why weren't they used for this campaign?

According to the briefing the only infantry available to the player in this campaign are scoots and engineers. Why is this? I'm not well read but I was fairly certain the HG division had infantry units why weren't they used for this campaign?

When the HG Division attacked the Allied beachhead their force was split up into multiple groups which attacked different areas and followed different routes. This campaign follows the attack of specifically one of these groups, which did not have any of the panzergrenadiers in it and instead used the recon and pioneers as infantry.

Actually I have a further question.... Why did you decide to create the campaign around the recon and engineers. It's very unique I admit and I have been a fan of yours all the way back to the CMSF but I'm not sure I fully appreciate your artistic touch as far as the infantry are concerned.

Actually I have a further question.... Why did you decide to create the campaign around the recon and engineers. It's very unique I admit and I have been a fan of yours all the way back to the CMSF but I'm not sure I fully appreciate your artistic touch as far as the infantry are concerned.

Actually, I didn't make the campaign.

More than likely the German attack on the beach head was the obvious choice to build the German campaign around. The Hermann Goring Division was split into a left and right group. The campaign was built around the right group. There are standalone scenarios that cover the left group - which quite honestly probably saw less combat in terms of number of distinct battles. It probably would have been difficult to come up with more than - maybe three scenarios out of the left group.