New Units List?

If you guys will turn your attention to the list of units they'd like to get in the game, you'll see both the Pz IIIF and the Brummbar.

vehicles list

The list on TGN is the list of what's in currently (or perhaps for the alpha, I forget). They're working on it. smile.gif

-John Hough

ps. that link didn't go where I thought it did.. this should be better. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by John Hough (edited 12-04-99).]

I don't remember any PZ IIIs at Arnhem, 9th and 10th SS were refitting and wouldnt have gotten Pz IIIs. Maybe they were FO vehicles or something for some of the arty units refitting in the vicinity?

anyone have any info?

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Well, I just looked it up - page 178, It never snows in September, by Kershaw: Lance-Corporal Kracht was in a panzer company which had "8 obsolete Mark IIIs and a few Mark IVs". Kracht itself was serving on a Mark III and was a keen photographer, taking pictures from everything and also his own tank.

I'm going to have to dig about in my books, but I recall that the panzer regiment of the 21st Panzer Division at Normandy was equiped with a wild array of vehicles.... those that weren't French were obsolete German tanks. They probably had Mk III's. I know they had old short 75 versions of the Mk IV.

Ah, found it. Per "Panzers in Normandy, Then & Now" by Eric Lefevre, in June 1944 the 21st Panzer Division had the following vehicles in Panzer Regt 22, Sturmgeschutz Abteilung 200 and Panzer Artillerie Regiment 155:

98 PzKpfw IV (6 of which were Ausf G)

6 PzKpfw III

23 Somuas

43 assault guns on Hotchkiss chassis

45 Lorraine conversions

Pictures accompanying the text show a couple of PzKpfw IV Ausf Hs, and an Ausf B/C (definitely the short 75).

The (theoretical) TO&E for the 22nd Panzer Regiment lists the following vehicles:

Regiment HQ:

5 Pz IV, 4 Pz III

1st Battalion:

HQ: 5 Pz IV, 2 Pz III

4 Companies: 17 Pz IV each

2nd Battalion:

HQ: 5 Pz IV, 6 Bef. Somua

1st Co.: 6 Pz IV

2nd Co.: 5 Pz IV, 13 Somua

3rd Co.: 5 Pz IV, 13 Somua

4th Co.: 5 Pz IV, 13 Somua, 2 Hotchkiss

There is also mention of 6 Pz III's in Panzer Regiment 16