Are Grapevines going to be more FPS friendly in GUSTAV LINE

Grape vines are supposed to slow things down, that's what they were designed to do. All that heavy gauge suspended wire with tangled vines (and grape clusters) hanging from them. Winter months though, especially when snow pack is heavy, the vineyard issue goes away. At least as of the current build. Things are always subject to change up until game release.

And me.

I wonder why snow would make the wires less of a problem. I would think crawling under the bottom wire, having cut it would become harder. And snow in Italy is hardly upto Maine depths!!

BTW is it now in game that there is a different in troop speed going with the line of the wires as opposed to across them?

I wonder why snow would make the wires less of a problem.

I was in Boston during the infamous "blizzard of '78". A buddy and I bundled-up and walked to the river to view the spectacle. We literally walked over an 7 foot chain link fence seperating the highway as though it wasn't there. :)

...BTW is it now in game that there is a different in troop speed going with the line of the wires as opposed to across them?

Yes.

But the worst aspect is that if you don't plot your movement across the wire row-by-row ( ie. one plot per AS ), they will tend to run along the row they're in, out of the vineyard, along the edge and then back in up the row you told them to go to.

So it's ... finicky.

Yes.

But the worst aspect is that if you don't plot your movement across the wire row-by-row, they will tend to run along the row they're in, out of the vineyard, along the edge and then back in up the row you told them to go to.

That's probably what I'd do too, if you asked me to traverse a vineyard!!

(Unless there were bullets flying along the edge, of course).

GaJ

Reminds me of when my brother played the original CMSF where rather than turn at a gap in the dual carriageway the vehicles felt it smarter to drive up towards the enemy at the head of the road and then turn to come down the other side of the carriageway.

Speedy maybe but remarkably stupid when you know where the enemy are!

Does changing the unit movement speed order engender a higher degree of caution so that they will stick to crawling under the vines rather than dashing out and back???

Does it revolve around the time taken to move out and to the closest end and run back? So if it is a long long row then going straight through may make sense for two or three rows but not for four. ?