Housekeeping

poesel

I had my first try at a scenario and I was wondering about one thing:

How do you remember which house is which?

If I understand it correctly a house can not be moved or turned after it is placed. So you place a house, go to the 3D view, watch the house and don't like it. So you go back into the editor and - well, which house did I place?

There are 16 to choose from and there are three icon sizes. The icons are not numbered and the numbers on the houses on the map are correlating to their size (right?).

Is the solution just to remember better and get used to it? I wonder why they are not numbered (like B9 for barn 9)?

Btw, the number of times you go forth and back from 2D to 3D might warrant a top level button for switching. Just a suggestion. :)

I had my first try at a scenario and I was wondering about one thing:

How do you remember which house is which?

If I understand it correctly a house can not be moved or turned after it is placed. So you place a house, go to the 3D view, watch the house and don't like it. So you go back into the editor and - well, which house did I place?

There are 16 to choose from and there are three icon sizes. The icons are not numbered and the numbers on the houses on the map are correlating to their size (right?).

Is the solution just to remember better and get used to it? I wonder why they are not numbered (like B9 for barn 9)?

Btw, the number of times you go forth and back from 2D to 3D might warrant a top level button for switching. Just a suggestion. :)

I'm not sure I understand the question. There are independent houses, independent commercial buildings, and there are modular buildings. You have to be in each section in order to place those types of buildings. The number on the building refers to how many levels the building has so if a building has a number 1 on it that means there is only one floor. Going from memory I believe that there is typically one house one action spot in size with one level and one with two levels both of which have two facades that you can cycle through using the shift key IIRC (I'm talking the independent houses here). One version for 90 degree facings and one version for 45 degree facings. If I'm placing a barn I always know I'm placing a barn and I always know how many levels there are. The facades you just cycle through - that can't be what you are referring to are you? The facades? You just hold down the shift key and click on the building to change the facade (or the ctrl or alt key - they each do something different and can even be used in combination) :confused:

Take independent houses for example. There are 16 icons to choose from. The icons are either big and diagonal or small and perpendicular. All have different 3D models. You can change the facade with shift-click but that's not my problem.

The problem for me is this for example: I choose one of the big houses and place, go into 3D, don't like it, go back and then have to remember that I used the third from left, lowest row?

Or is that just no problem because you just place houses randomly and see to it, that same houses are no adjacent for variety?