Roll Call for Tennessee and area

Just curious, any one from Tennessee or surrounding areas?

Might be fun to get a local tourney going. Years ago I belonged to a chess club and we would meet periodically to play. Not necessary of course with the CM series but just a thought.

PanzerKat

DasTiger @FGM and The Blitz

What they need is region event weekend tournaments. where they set dates a year in advance and have a hotel booked with a planned Tournament , events, meals and the whole weekend of thing available.

Avalon hill did that back in its strong years and it was fun to meet and get to know others , face to face.

What they need is region event weekend tournaments. where they set dates a year in advance and have a hotel booked with a planned Tournament , events, meals and the whole weekend of thing available.

Avalon hill did that back in its strong years and it was fun to meet and get to know others , face to face.

Thanks for the response guys.

And what you describe above is exactly what I had in mind.

Paducah, about 30 minutes away.

I asked because my brother did his basic there in 1953. He was in the 11th. Airborne at the time. My parents and I drove up to visit with him there for a few days and the Army even provided housing on the base for us. During the day, my parents and I would drive all over western Kentucky and Tennessee, so I got to know that region a bit as it was in those days. Got the best apple juice I ever had in my life from some orchard one day. Pardon me, I'm rambling, but those were happy and interesting memories.

Michael

I asked because my brother did his basic there in 1953. He was in the 11th. Airborne at the time. My parents and I drove up to visit with him there for a few days and the Army even provided housing on the base for us. During the day, my parents and I would drive all over western Kentucky and Tennessee, so I got to know that region a bit as it was in those days. Got the best apple juice I ever had in my life from some orchard one day. Pardon me, I'm rambling, but those were happy and interesting memories.

Michael

Very neat, I've only been to fort Campbell a few times over the years but one of the times i went was with one of my dad's friends who was in the 160th SOAR which does all of the special ops missions that involves helis one of the coolest guys I've met. If i'm not mistaken I believe he flew a little bird during the "Black Hawk Down" incident.