New file at the Repository: Rainy River (CW) (2013-02-20)

• 1 year later...

Really enjoyed playing this one

Spoilers!

A real too and fro battle - managed to deal with the first AT gun, but took all my medium mortar ammo and a long time to get it. The next one was dealt with with an artillery barrage. Everything seemed to be going well when the germans counterattacked. The infantry caused havoc, the armoured cars less so as they drove past a couple of armoured cars.

I thought I was up against crack troops! Really well emplaced. The ones halfway along the bridge were a particularly unpleasant surprise.

When the german started advancing through the woods I thought it was all over, they were sweeping my thin infantry screen aside. Some infiltrated far enough that they were shooting up my APCs as they tried to cross the bridge - gah!

Finished up with a draw. Would have been a loss except for 3 minutes of added time!