Remember when....

Part of the part quote above:

"Often there isn't enough time to plan a thoughtful strategy in larger battles; players usually can't view the "big picture," thus they are forced to focus on only one sector of the battle at a given time; artificial intelligence tends to be poor, due to the lack of available CPU cycles; and play by email is impossible. So it was clear that straight real time would not work for us. But a pure turn-based approach did not appeal either, mainly because of its need to impose "phasing" structures to make the combat work in a realistic manner."

RT requirements impose some restrictions on what would be achievable if it were WEGO only. Now if there were two interfaces one for WEGO, one for RT.

Anyway, WEGO has style, RT by definition must be a clickfest because if only I were younger and my eyesight better and my mouse was on steroids I could react and click faster - and hey that's an idea how about a two mouse game - one in each hand?

RT requirements impose some restrictions on what would be achievable if it were WEGO only. Now if there were two interfaces one for WEGO, one for RT.

This is do not see - can you give an example? Please.

Don't get me wrong I rarely play RT and only for very small forces. I find there is plenty of heard pounding excitement watching the WEGO turn play out and seeing all the amazing things happening.

Flight Commander 2 was superb..infact even though I prefer WW1 or WW2 aircombat games I found FC 2 a much better gaming experience than AS or OTR.

I do wish BF would re imagine AS\OTR and FC2..or make Whistling Death into a new tactical Air Combat game.

I only wish it was possible to install FC2 on Win 7 4bit.

Actually there is a way to install FC2 on Win7 and play it.

I never played FC2 originally but it got my attention once you guys mentioned it here. It's a game that I have kind of dreamed of, a modern tactical air game.

Anyhow it seems the game is avaliable online at various sites that keep the track of old games as freeware. I tried to run it but I just got a message that it wasn't compatible for Windows 7 64 bits.

It turns out however that you can actually run it using a program called DosBox and start Windows 3.11 from there. I managed to start it last night and give it a quick run :)

Have glanced at the manual and boy were the manuals better back in the days. They actually thought you something. :)