British Tank's AP and Subsystems Damage

Reviving the conversation began earlier in a previous thread. I bring this up because in Monty's Butchers I was fighting with a particular Panther that in a large combined arms battle lasted 15 minutes of combat against several Shermans (including Fireflies) and Churchill tanks, Brit infantry, a Typhoon bombing, and a targeted shelling by a 25 lber battery (Winkelreid actually killed Tigers and Panthers of mine doing this before)

Still, the tank is alive as we speak, with good amounts of subsystem damage. However I would attribute most if not all of this damage to the shelling, and bombing, and not it's numerous engagements with all the British armor, in which it's dispatched at least 7 or 8 tanks and taken 20 + 75mm hits that it's bounced. It's even out of AP ammunition! Point is I've noticed in particular the last several turns a weapon mount strike by enemy cannon fire with no subsytem effect at all. This seems unreasonable as the weapon mount isnt that big and I've seen it take at least 5-6 75mm cannon strikes. Of course this is a one time observation that I only paid attention to because the previous thread but FWIW..

v1.11 made "tiny explosions" do less damage to tracks. Perhaps this has carried over into non-penetrating bursting charges doing less damage to nearby systems through blast? Even prior to that, though, I've had plenty of "Weapon mount" hits do no discernible damage to the unit's subsystem tracks, including some large test situations.

IIRC someone did some testing that indicated that only AP shell with an HE burster charge do subsystem damage currently. The British used solid shot AP exclusively so they cannot do subsystem damage.

This is specific to the incremental damage to radio and optics. Non-penetrating AP shot can damage subsystems, but it does not degrade radio/optics with every hit as APHE and HE hits do.

From my observations:

A "weapon mount hit" doesn't damage the gun. Never seen such thing. Weapon mount hits are happening quite often but are not doing any harm

(and it would be nice if they did - SOMETIMES - damage things like the gunsight or gun elevation trunnions/mechanism)

It's a "wepon hit" that damages it - almost every time.

And a "weapon hit" actually looks like muzzle brake hit or - for some tanks - a gun barrel hit.

They are also happening from time to time, especially if tanks are aiming at each others.

It's very unlikely to get a gun damaged by enemy tank that is not firing exactly "head on" against the turret.