Ambient wind in QBs (not mine--game's)

pcelt

In QBs I find the wind sound effect, when in use,much too loud and overpowering in relation to the rest of the sound environment.

Would it be possible to produce a mod which either reduced the volume of the wind effect or ,if that is not feasible, to produce a mod which removes totally the wind effect.

The former would be preferable but the latter better than the current wind effect level, in my view.

Thanks for any mod possibilities or suggestions.

I don´t know how the wind sounds in your game is, but here is a suggestion based on my own experiences:

With regular intervals I´ve had games with a very loud (gale-like) wind sound. It quickly became apparent to me that when this happened something had gone wrong while loading the game.

What I then discovered was that this only happened if I exited the game to the desktop or some other programme while the game was loading. Now I always stay in CMBN while the load screen is on. And I never experience these wind noises any more.

Hope this helps.

:)

PS: For some reason I´ve never experienced this in CMFI. Thus, I expected that the wind noise problem would disappear with the 2.0 upgrade. So after the upgrade I exited to another programme while loading - and the gale sound was back. So the upgrade didn´t help.

Umlaut--thanks for your reflections---but unfortunately I hardly ever exit the loading screen and seem to experience this very loud wind very frequently.

Can anyone tell me where the games sound files are situated and whether they can be accessed and a .wav file modified or exchanged.

Many thanks

I've had games in FI with strong winds. Nothing to do with exiting the game in my case, since I didn't do that while it was loading. What I've noticed is that another game on the same map may be completely windless. I assume that the first time a game starts up a wind pattern (direction and strength) is chosen more or less at random and is operative throughout that game. If that is so, there must be files for each wind direction and for each wind strength. If those can be located, presumably the ones for stronger strength could be removed or altered. For my part, I am content to play with it as it is. Fighting in inclement weather was an integral part of the war.

Michael