Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

1.11 vs V2.0

Question regarding the two most recent Battlefront patch and upgrade:

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot...does v2.0 include all of the upgrades released in the 1.11 patch, or will I still have to download the 1.11 patch after purchasing the 2.0 upgrade in order to get the 1.11 upgrades?

Question regarding the two most recent Battlefront patch and upgrade:

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot...does v2.0 include all of the upgrades released in the 1.11 patch, or will I still have to download the 1.11 patch after purchasing the 2.0 upgrade in order to get the 1.11 upgrades?

Hi - the best way to do it is to download and install 1.11 before installing the 2.0 upgrade. In theory the 2.0 upgrade should include the 1.11 fixes, but some people have had issues when installing 2.0 without first installing 1.11.

I recently did a test, I pulled the v1.11 patch brz from the game and restarted just to see how v2.0 would handle it. To my great surprise the game started but something wasn't quite right. For one thing the fancy new normal maps shaders were disabled. And I imagine the laundry list of v1.11 patch fixes would revert to being unfixed. The v1.11 brz file is 64 megs, you'd imagine something important was in there. :)

I wasn't going to get the upgrade as I felt I didn't play the game enough to warrant it. Anyhow for $10 I thought why not. I've just started playing again and I have to say it was well worth the money. it's brought me back into the game and now I'm going to save for the CW module.