Can H2HH launch CMBN 2.0 for you?

There's a thread reporting that a couple of people have found that that CMBN 2.0 launches fine by double clicking on it, but H2HH can't launch it.

This seems to be a PC thing. I don't have CMBN available on a PC right now to test it.

So it will be helpful for me to know from people on PCs:

- What operating system?

- Can H2HH launch CMBN 2.0 for you?

Thanks

GaJ

Win 7

Sort of.

I've got CMBN, CW, 2.0.

When I try to launch from H2HH I first get a "CMN Commonwealth Module.exe - System Error" window that claimes "QtGui4.dll" is missing from my computer, then a window telling me it can't load "QtWebKit4.dll."

After than CMBN starts, but without the CW module. (Or, at least, without the second tank icon on the main screen that appears when you have CW.)

CMBN launches normally when I don't start it from H2HH.

Huh - beyond belief. I can't even begin to imagine how this happens!

I have seen this error when you try to launch:

\Combat Mission Battle for Normandy\Modules\CMN Commonwealth Module.exe

I have no idea what this EXE is used for.

CMN 2.0 has two EXE files:

\Combat Mission Battle for Normandy\CM Normandy.exe

and

\Combat Mission Battle for Normandy\Modules\CMN Commonwealth Module.exe

Only that "CM Normandy.exe" is working for me.

Win 7

Sort of.

I've got CMBN, CW, 2.0.

When I try to launch from H2HH I first get a "CMN Commonwealth Module.exe - System Error" window that claimes "QtGui4.dll" is missing from my computer, then a window telling me it can't load "QtWebKit4.dll."

After than CMBN starts, but without the CW module. (Or, at least, without the second tank icon on the main screen that appears when you have CW.)

This for me as well.

Win 7

Sort of.

I've got CMBN, CW, 2.0.

Same here.

Huh - beyond belief. I can't even begin to imagine how this happens!

Looks like I need to find a PC, get CMBN on it, and try it out!

GaJ

I had the same problem with my launching code. It is a change in libraries needed by the .exe. Now there are some that need the working directory set on launch. Set the third parameter of the exec function to the path to the path..exe. That will fix it.

Ian, you're a champ!

Thanks so much for this. I'm in the midst of (slowly) getting a physical windows PC set up that I can use for H2HH testing, since all my routine work is on a Mac and a Windows virtual machine.

Now that I know what the answer is, there's good hope to have this dealt with this weekend.

Cheers,

GaJ