Remember me?

Guest re-Clubfoot

ISTR cavalry was making a rapid comeback in that game, since the nuclear-induced collapse of modern civilization made mechanized armies impossible to sustain in the field.

Yes, you could just say to hell with it and play fantasy Thunderdome style. But in that case what's the point of using a highly realistic game like CMSF as a platform? Something like World of Tanks seems like a better bet.

Guest re-Clubfoot

It's early post-exchange. ICBM's + 6 days thru 20 days. The scarcity of material is modeled through unit survival and objectives as meager as gobbling up abandoned vehicles and sacking of super centers (takes place stateside). I kinda cut my teeth back when making CMBO do things it wasn't supposed to, and I'm hoping for that magic again.

• 2 weeks later...

Could be a good reflection of a possible post civil war Syria worstcase,Central government has fallen and the rebels have split intofacttions.Kind of like 1980s Lebanonwrit large.You would bemore likelytohave somearmouredvehiclesrunningtheneithercapturedbyrebels or serving in rump elements oftheSyrian army.USand NATO units could be involved here as peace keepers.Noneed for a modbut thiscould be a great little campaign.

• 1 year later...
Guest re-Clubfoot

Reviving this because a Twilight 2000 Campaign is imminent.

Rangers lead the way. Assist B-troop in their break out from the (sub)urban core of Junction City, Ks. Walk with them down windswept Interstate 70, past the decommissioned home of the Big Red 1, through the raider strongpoint in Paxico. The prairie grass and the desolation of the post nuclear Midwest await you. Whether pacifying the aggressive local militia types, or knife-fighting house to house against breakaway factions of the 4th ID, the end has never been so frenetic.

Note, there's no mod here, per se, but the feel and continuity of the campaign really lend itself to the old 'Twilight 2000' RPG of the late 80's. Almost ready to go.