Losing control of non-panicked units?

simast

Really annoyed at my Lynx crew in a game going at the moment. I lost control of the crew, who bailed out from the perfectly fine tank, when they were not under fire, in full view of a rifle squad about 150m away. Who then shot one of the crew as I remounted them next turn, shocking the tank crew - about 20 sec later on the same turn, a Priest showed up on a ridgeline about 200m dead ahead and took its leisurely time lining up the kill shot without any return fire from the Lynx. Grr...

If I indeed lost control of this unit because they are out of ammo - that's funny. There is a truck 20m from where they are (not pictured in a screenshot) and I was actually bringing them to resupply there. The H2H game I am playing right now is full of surprises like this.

Another thing I just noticed from the same game:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mn2a3blz602f846/planning.jpg

Note what the soldier is doing at the bottom-left corner of the screen. Never seen this in a CM game before.. While the gunner and team leader is chilling out - he is "planning" something. What exactly does this soldier state mean?

That unit is out of control because they're about to board the truck that you're going to use for resupply. That's my guess.

Hmm. I hope so, because I did give the command to mount the truck. But this movement command was with multiple waypoints (only the last waypoint for the mount), yet the icon was semi-transparent during all turn. I suppose with the next turn it will be clear if this was the case.

Hmm. I hope so, because I did give the command to mount the truck. But this movement command was with multiple waypoints (only the last waypoint for the mount), yet the icon was semi-transparent during all turn. I suppose with the next turn it will be clear if this was the case.

My impression is that if the unit will reach the vehicle and start embarking in the coming minute, they'll not be receptive to changes in their orders. Doesn't matter if there are multiple waypoints, just whether the first guy will get his foot on the running board "this turn".

My impression is that if the unit will reach the vehicle and start embarking in the coming minute, they'll not be receptive to changes in their orders. Doesn't matter if there are multiple waypoints, just whether the first guy will get his foot on the running board "this turn".

That's weird. I wonder why that's in. I've never observed this phenomenon, but I haven't been watching for it. I'll see if it turns up in any of my future games.

Michael

That's correct, the icon will grey out the moment the first guy starts to mount the vehicle and the squad will be out-of-command until the last guy gets in.

The time it takes depends on how strung out the unit is, but if one of the squad is a "Lone Wanderer", you may lose control of them ( and the truck ! ) for a long period.

Moral : Check that all members of a squad are together before trying to board a vehicle.

The Lone Wanderer syndrome is more common to heavy weapons teams than other units, so this might be the case for the OP.