Red vs Red Campaign: Zawiya Uprising

Mr.X

• 3 months later...

i am in the 2nd battle now and find that is a very interesting campaign. love the unusual force mix and the really well made maps. it looks like every building, entrance and windows was placed intentionally to make a tactical challenge.

thanks for making this!

• 2 weeks later...

Can you tell me your final results (if you played till the end)?

Frank

Not yet! I am at "Bloody Hospital" right now, the 5th battle of the campaign if remeber correctly. All those ambushes made me extremely cautious, i am putting HE area fire on every location i am just having the slightest suspicion that something enemy could be there.

Friendly casualties until this point of the campaign:

80-100 personel (estimate), mostly due to ambushes and mortar fire

3 BMP-3s (accurate), 2 destroyed by RGP-7s and one by a vehicle mounted SPG-9

1 T72 immobilized (accurate) by a vehicle moounted SPG-9

Enemy casualties:

300-400 personel (estimate)

7 tanks (accurate), 3 of them destroyed by ATGMs i had in overwatch, 1 by an RPG-18 and 3 by direct fire of my T72s.

20-30 other vehicles (estimate)

I scored a Total Victory in all missions until now, if i remeber correctly.

@Agusto: It seems, as if you will bring the uprising to an end ;) But the resistance isn´t broken yet ;)

@Erwin: I hope you will enjoy the second part, too. You are a really lucky guy to have so much time for playing CM :) I didn´t have any time during the last months, neither to create anything nor to play any scenario :(

Regards

Frank

I am sorry Erwin, I did not want to be indiscreet - there are better ways to get free time than to have such a heavy accident. I have worked as a traumatic surgeon for the last years, so I know nearly what you are talking about. All the more, it is a pleasure to me, if you like my few CM campaigns/scenarios :)

Regards

Frank

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Erwin,

I think, the problem is not to have so many CM variants but all the patches. Normally, I hate games, where players are forced to install one patch after the other - especially, when playabilty becomes worse. I will wait for the release of the Eastfront-CM, till I may try to create some new campaigns.

Regards

Frank

I agree re the seemingly unending patches.

While I buy all the modules in order to support BFC (and keep patching), I am primarily trying to play CMSF and CMA until the WW2 series gets closer to its "final" patched version. Otherwise, it's like always playing a BETA version and I want to play the "glorious full version" (and I hate replaying old scenarios).

The videos make GUSTAV look very promising. I like the "shading" option that desaturates the colors. I find that without a lot of tweaking of my NVidia controls, the colors look unrealistically vibrant and bright.

Oh and btw, nothing indiscreet about my training injuries. The problem is that I still push to the limit and as one ages, that injury hurdle gets lower. :(

Training with a bunch of beautiful girls in their 20's doesn't help. But, I can still keep up with them, and in one instance am still faster. :)

• 1 month later...
Any new end results ? :) I am very interested in... ;)

Regards

Frank

I am at what appears to be the last mission now and i think i am going to bring the uprising to an end this weekend. Since the last time i posted a status report, i lost another few men and a BMP-3 because a tree somhow blocked its ATGM from aquiring its target - a problem the opposing T-55s main gun wasnt facing! Anyways, i am going to attach a screenshot of the end results as soon as i get them.

Thanks very much for your report Agusto!

I am very sorry to tell you, that you are invited to the nice city of Den Haag, where some members of the war crimes tribunal want to get an "interview" with you ;)

the smiling old dictator :)