Veni, Vidi, VECI!

:D

I think I nailed it-added another bmp to a 203 building folder with only 2 bmp's. Man it's late. In a nutshell I added a 3rd set of colored bmps to a building file-the altered faces all had their own floor, roof, side, floor etc bmp-in this building the number is (03). You'll see what I mean if you look at the file numbers. Can't treat it like a decal. Then I packed it in the BRZ file with the associated two MDR files. My apologies MORD if this is like your shed experiment (I couldn't download the file to see). The upshot is I can add more then 2 sets of posters to one building. Now I can do 3. I don't know what the upper limit is. So yeah-I'm not tied to the flavor object hanging files in the air stuff or limited to the amount of fronts and rear sides in a building file. Of course as you can see randomness of the scenario editor is still there.

Sorry if it doesn't make sense.

Off to beddy bye.

CMFortressItalyDemo2012-10-1521-02-14-85.jpg

4th 203 building added in yellow -on the far right. hehehe the game only came with two 203 Building.

I guess the only way to fix the randomness is to keep deleting the 203 building till you get the one you want with the right poster when you build a scenario. Anticipating the problems and solutions down the road (save when you get the building you want to freeze it on the map?). I'm restricting this mod to single independent buildings buildings for now. Getting ahead of myself here.

Can't see why this can't work in Normandy. French Town names (CAAN, St LO etc etc, Michelin name , Remy Martin, Railway name painting on the masonry etc etc) just a touch to give the town a bit of identity. Rather then the same grey anonymous 'ville.

CMFortressItalyDemo2012-10-1521-26-10-70.jpg

After you found and saved the new building texture on the map would it appear next time you went into the editor? Best way to check this would be to save the map as a scenario a couple different times and check each one. The shed was always random no matter what I did.

And no problem this is a TOTALLY different test compared to the shed (it wouldn't have mattered to me anyway...the most important thing is new discoveries). Which brings to mind, you could do a shed texture with a poster as well. Modding possibilities are so much grander compared to CMX1 even though there are some hitches here and there.

Nice work.

Mord.

Not sure I fully understand what is going on here, but this is one I did earlier

housedec.jpg

P

HAHAHAH Yeah Baby the term is called Ghost Sign -you can do a GOOGLE that is exactly what I'm talking about.

They were common in USA, England and France. Not Italy from what I can find. It ain't your Grandpa's Combat Mission anymore .

Pete-like MORD said I want to be able to give options to people for posters-and I want the building to be destroyed without a hanging sign. What I did last night means you can have a lot of Ghost sign walls along with the stock walls. Your not just confined to hmm what two slighly different fronts to the same building.

MORD - But I got 7 fronts of the same 203 Building 1 is stock plain and 6 have posters and/or slogans. I'm mentally fried tonight-gonna get confirmed tomorrow per your comments

ghost-signs-55-the-loire-L-tFibhW.jpg

I'm mentally fried tonight-gonna get confirmed tomorrow per your comments

No problem...you should've seen me when I was trying to figure out the beret for the British paras...practically put myself into an institution on that one. Never did figure it out to my liking but DC did for the most part.

Mord.

Okay here is most of what I have. It was real witch lining them up in the scenario builder since the game selects at random. The good news that selection stays in the mission It does not change. It stays like a uniform mod, tank camouflage etc etc. You turn the computer off, get out of the game... the game keeps the selection. Why? Because each poster/slogan building is it's own building-it has own roof, floor, walls. In this case there are 2 stock 203 buildings ending in the digit (00) and (001). I added (002), (003), etc etc..... up to (009). Still Have to fix one graphic. Tweaking now the rarity. The slogans are in Italian-nothing obscene-ALL legitimate Fascist polemics and yes there will be translations on the graffiti and the posters in the readme.

10.jpg

9.jpg

8-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

6.jpg

In a stock scenario placed by me with the scenario builder-You want a specific poster you have to keep click the selection for small barns (I'll have it in the readme which selection) and checking in 3D view till it comes up and then save. I can't fix the randomness-but like I said once you select it and SAVE it doesn't change. Got to test destruction and all that-but I'm not expecting ...Oh...I better not say it...:D Stuff can happen

Issue right now is in Quick Battle but that is because it takes awhile to set these up-but this little barn is a rare building to begin with and I will tweak it so it will show up with slogans/ and or posters-but don't worry your not going to be bombarded with Fascist propaganda-it'll be a there but just a bit above 'Easter Egg' level.

Quick Battle will roll dice and it will show if you pick a map with village, rural, town. Cities you probably won't see it.. Scenario building you have control on what you want, variety and rarity. This building doesn't get combined with other buildings from what I see so you won't have graphics cut off. Best to leave it in BRZ format to add or delete if you want only stock small barns.

More later -It's late.

11.jpg

In the picture below in red is written...

MOLTI NEMICI, MOLTO ONORE

Many enemies, Much Honor

12.jpg

I can confirm this much tonight playing with this 'Poster Mod' for CM:FI

1. You make a scenario with this building in this mod-but another person playing that scenario doesn't have the mod. The scenario will not crash. It just defaults to one of the two stock graphics.

2. If I make a scenario or QB with a poster building-but remove the BRZ folder with the mod from out of the game; the scenario or QB just defaults back to the stock graphics.

3. If I stick the graphics BRZ back into the Z file the scenario or QB remembers the building poster graphic I had before the removal of the BRZ file. The game doesn't forget. :)

CMFortressItaly2012-10-1723-03-25-06-1.jpg

Just a little correction. The sign should say "Viva l'impero italiano".

:D

Hope to get it released next week-just a bit more testing. Just starting on the readme now.

Need to recheck the spelling to.;)

In interim enjoy the photos. Some these pictures of various areas in Rome I saw over the years-some I really missed-going to have to look harder.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/838700@N22/pool/with/3734685824/