Really enjoying this game!

I'll be honest; I never got into the Combat Mission Battle for Normandy, I just ended up bogging down on it, and didn't give it the learning effort that the game deserved.

I downloaded the Fortress Italy trial and it pulled me in right away. I have since that time bought the game and am enjoying it.

There really aren't that many noticeable differences between games, but the ones that stand out to me are the movable waypoints and the manual that you can actually read. (The CMBN manual was definately artistically done, but the dark background text was very hard to read).

I will most definately buy the 2.0 upgrade for Combat Mission Battle for Normandy if they fix the above mentioned differences.

I love the relative spotting and the intelligence of the AI. This game is great fun!

womble,

My so-called clean version of the manual still has the rusty brown text, not the much easier to read black, but sans the sepia background, is easier to read, though the illos are still brown, too. Grr!

Regards,

John Kettler

P.S.

Am sorely tempted to download the CMFI Demo, but I have an infinite number of things awaiting me, to experience, learn and maybe master in CMBN. As you know, am not even to training wheels there--more like a baby's walker!

John,

You are doing fine. It is like riding a bicycle...you never forget. Toss those training wheels.

Download the demo and play around with that too. The change of terrain is great and makes you start thinking all over again for new problem solving - like not driving your Stuart tank through those damned grapevines and getting them all tangled up in your treads for a full immobilization....arggghhh. :o

Heinrich505

womble,

P.S.

Am sorely tempted to download the CMFI Demo, but I have an infinite number of things awaiting me, to experience, learn and maybe master in CMBN. As you know, am not even to training wheels there--more like a baby's walker!

I too am experiencing the 2nd generation of Combat Mission with training wheels. I've found different situations where I'm not sure exactly what is going on. I guess with more experience I'll be able to ask questions about it. From my perspective I'd like to play through Fortress Italy which is a lot like reading a book that you don't want to put down. When I get through this I'm crossing my fingers that Combat Mission Battle for Normandy will have it's version 2.0 released.

I really like the face lift the game has taken on since the original Combat Mission games.