Couple of small bugs I may have noticed.

Figured I might want to bring this to someone's attention & see if anyone else has experienced it.

Just finished a QB with eltorrente. In this battle I had a number of units which came under intense artillery bombardment and were subsequently "broken". A little later they regained their sanity and fought well throughout the rest of the battle. I was able to give them orders and they followed them without breaking again.

Nevertheless, their status continued to show as "Broken" until the end of the game. Wondering why that might've been.

Also, I had a mortar platoon which got beaten up by their enemy counterpart. One team was destroyed and the other eventually fired until empty. I had one tube left with thirty rounds and stable mental condition. For some reason their commander, who was a mere fifty yards away, in plain sight, could not call for fire because the full tube showed as "Empty". This was quite frustrating because he had a good LOS on the enemy mortar pits.

Any ideas on what might be going wrong here?

...Nevertheless, their status continued to show as "Broken" until the end of the game. Wondering why that might've been.

-------------------

Also, I had a mortar platoon which got beaten up by their enemy counterpart. One team was destroyed and the other eventually fired until empty. I had one tube left with thirty rounds and stable mental condition. For some reason their commander, who was a mere fifty yards away, in plain sight, could not call for fire because the full tube showed as "Empty". This was quite frustrating because he had a good LOS on the enemy mortar pits.

As far as I know, Broken units always remain that way - Broken reflects their fragility, not that they are running away ( which shows as "Panic" ).

As far as the mortar question, you may have to describe it in more detail

From what I understand, you had 2 units.

One was KO'd and the other fired all its rounds.

Which one then couldn't fire ?

Edit: Ok, I get it - the unit that had fired all its ammo was close enough to the KO'd unit to show its "potentially shareable" ammo, but they can't use/share it. Whether you're supposed to be able to "share" the ammo from a dead unit, I don't know, never had that occur in any of my games.

Broken units tend to operate okay until they come under fire, then they go (back) to pieces (Shaken, at least, probably Panic if any one near them takes casualties) in a hurry. If you use them as suppressive fire support elements from decent cover, they can sometimes, if they're originally well-motivated and/or led, and you're holding the upper hand, produce a useful contribution. The most significant aspect of being Broken is that the troops have sustained enough morale 'damage' to be termed "brittle", so their morale status will plummet like a stone if they encounter adverse circumstances again.

The Mortar thing is a bit odd. While they're close (ish), I think they need at least "shouting" C2 link to their CO, but the problem seemed to be the tube was showing "empty", rather than the tube was "out of control" or "denied", yes? Did the mortar team themselves have the ammo (i.e. was it listed in the black and white ammo section along wth their small arms ammo) or was it carried on the bodies of their fallen platoon mates (which will contribute to the ammo count, AIUI, on the actual weapon info pane)?

Neither of these things are likely to be bugs.

Hmm, I understand about the "broken" thing. Might be better if their status updated to "fragile" or something . . . but now that I know about it, it's no big deal.

The mortar thing is a little different. I had three mortar teams. One was knocked out, the other was empty. The last one was within sight and sound of the commander and it had nearly a full compliment of rounds. Nobody on that team was a casualty and they weren't suppressed. They just showed as "empty" when I tried to call for fire. The rounds showed when I clicked on the team itself. I was able to use them in the direct fire role. Just couldn't use them in the indirect role. (Although, I didn't try to put in a call from any other HQ, so I don't know if it was just a problem with their particular Lt.)

The mortar thing is a little different. I had three mortar teams. One was knocked out, the other was empty. The last one...had nearly a full compliment of rounds...showed as "empty" when I tried to call for fire. The rounds showed when I clicked on the team itself.

I asked some questions in an earlier post which are germane. I'll reiterate: where on the unit information were those rounds showing up? The reason I ask is because units have some access to the unused rounds of nearby adjacent dead crew, at least for direct fire, but might not have access to those "scavenged" rounds for indirect fire. If the rounds were showing in the black and white ammo listing, they should certainly have been available for use in either mode, whereas if they were just showing in the weapon info pane, they might not have been available for indirect fire.